P1000m5 Clean 1000!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love me some Castrol super clean. My pioneer hasn't been cleaned all year. I washed it tonight with a small hand brush and a water hose and Castrol super clean. It is almost showroom clean and the water beads off like crazy. Even the soft top was tanish-white with dried mud and dirt. Bright black again. Try it if you haven't already.

5299d9f0b6774388fa108d8c7fc6eda6118f8fdba62e55df569c6c261d7231dc3dff0ba635e2ec8b8e2a4cac9eee6c9c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've been using that stuff for over a decade and I'm always worried they're going to discontinue it so I keep it stockpiled.

Looks great bro!

Sent from my iPad 7G

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
I've used purple power before, but never super clean. Saw they have a foaming variety, is that what you used?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I use the standard SC in the gallon jug. I mix it 50/50 in a pump up sprayer.

Oreillys sells a 50 gallon drum of it! It's on their website.

Sent from my iPad 7G

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I'm afraid to get mine that clean - I'd see how scratched up everything is.
I think that stuff can be corrosive on aluminum if you're not careful.

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
I'll have to check it out! It probably is corrosive like most cleaners that really work well. But I have access to high pressure hot water to really get in the nooks and crannies.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Image Image You have to get the big chunks off correct? Anything that might help. I spent almost 4 hours with pressure washer last night was ridicules. Before after pics. The clean looks clean but nowhere near! There has been a lot of back and forth on what to use and have even seen this cause hardships on this site so apparently people really believe in this or that. You say water beads off so that gives me the impression it repels dirt and mud a little? Years back I use to get Suzuki dirtbike wash for things and it was great but they discontinued it. Anything you can add to pressure washer to help??

Last edited:
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 16217 View attachment 16218 You have to get the big chunks off correct? Anything that might help. I spent almost 4 hours with pressure washer last night was ridicules. Before after pics. The clean looks clean but nowhere near! There has been a lot of back and forth on what to use and have even seen this cause hardships on this site so apparently people really believe in this or that. You say water beads off so that gives me the impression it repels dirt and mud a little? Years back I use to get Suzuki dirtbike wash for things and it was great but they discontinued it. Anything you can add to pressure washer to help??

I'm not sure on this. I know my Honda pressure washer at home doesn't have a problem getting anything off my truck or Honda. Those quarter pressure washers suck though. You might have a different type of mud up there than we do in Arkansas too. After it's generally clean but has the dirt film on it, I use Castrol super clean. It is corrosive and says not to spray on paint finishes for cars. I have used it to get tar and stuff off before but I make sure to rinse well and re-wax that spot. Not sure what makes the water run off. Spray your tire and the water sort of just stays on it. Then spray super clean on it and scrub it with a brush and rinse. The water will run off and the tire is almost dry. Crazy how much black and brown dirt comes off too.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm not sure on this. I know my Honda pressure washer at home doesn't have a problem getting anything off my truck or Honda. Those quarter pressure washers suck though. You might have a different type of mud up there than we do in Arkansas too. After it's generally clean but has the dirt film on it, I use Castrol super clean. It is corrosive and says not to spray on paint finishes for cars. I have used it to get tar and stuff off before but I make sure to rinse well and re-wax that spot. Not sure what makes the water run off. Spray your tire and the water sort of just stays on it. Then spray super clean on it and scrub it with a brush and rinse. The water will run off and the tire is almost dry. Crazy how much black and brown dirt comes off too.

Well I know the clay content is high were we ride it is super slick when wet however I don't know if that makes a difference. I'll tell you though you're rig came out great and many other good people suggest that as well. How much would you say it takes to do your Pioneer?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I use about $4 per wash.

One gallon of concentrated SC is $8 and I put it in a two gallon pump sprayer with a gallon of water and use approx half each time I wash it.

Sent from my iPad 7G

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
4 bucks to save a couple hours and have your rig looking great that's probably common sense.

Reactions: joeymt33
SheepCreekAK

SheepCreekAK

Apr 20, 2016
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love me some Castrol super clean. My pioneer hasn't been cleaned all year. I washed it tonight with a small hand brush and a water hose and Castrol super clean. It is almost showroom clean and the water beads off like crazy. Even the soft top was tanish-white with dried mud and dirt. Bright black again. Try it if you haven't already.

View attachment 16204View attachment 16205View attachment 16206

looking liker its ready to get muddy again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A little trick i have been using for years, after the rig drys off spray the whole thing down with WD40. it helps with rust and prevents the the mud from sticking so much. but it still takes some time with a presser washer to get it all off. And yes the Castrol Super Clean is great but make sure to wash it all off. i have and it discolor aluminium pretty bad.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have a place to really wash my rig at home and I keep it out at our property without running water, so no pressure washer, so I usually end up spending 10-20 bucks at the car wash after each ride. Always used purple power on my rigs but it doesn't help much without the pressure washer.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I've never been a guy to keep my rig super clean but today I have the urge to make it look as yours today (nbomar and joe)

So you guys clean everything on the rig with that stuff ? Plastic, metal seats, .... don't leave anything out. Just make sure it's rinsed well without sitting too long? Just a little nervous with the corrosive warnings.

The SDS for Super Clean explains why the water beads:
Sc

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've never been a guy to keep my rig super clean but today I have the urge to make it look as yours today (nbomar and joe)

So you guys clean everything on the rig with that stuff ? Plastic, metal seats, .... don't leave anything out. Just make sure it's rinsed well without sitting too long? Just a little nervous with the corrosive warnings.

The SDS for Super Clean explains why the water beads:
View attachment 16305

It could be corrosive, I've not experienced that yet after using it for probably over a decade. I always cut it with water up to 50%, sometimes stubborn mud needs 70% SC and 30% water. I do not let it dry, it's rinsed off after maybe a minute. I do believe it works better when it has a longer contact time like one minute vs 10 seconds.

I spray absolutely everything on my pioneer. Using a 2 gallon pump sprayer, I start at the top and spray down. If it's hot and sunny, I only do a small piece at a time so it doesn't dry.

Sent from my iPad 7G

Reactions: ghost and nbomar
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like Joe I spray everything. I don't dilute it though. 100% strength baby! I do make sure to rinse well after I do a little scrubbing and do small sections so it never dries.

Reactions: ghost and joeymt33
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yup - good product. Thanks for the tip.
It doesn't seem that harsh - I think with some common sense it safe to use on the whole machine.
IMG 2829

It's not going to get this clean very often so I decided to take the skids off and touch up any chips with rust paint. I rode with just the factory skids for a while so there will probably be a few.
This one way to clean the undercarriage on a gravel driveway.
IMG 2776

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!