sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
20180530 084454
Going to have both done soon. I will let everyone know how it went and how long it took. Probably bring it in next week.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 77320 Going to have both done soon. I will let everyone know how it went and how long it took. Probably bring it in next week.
We’re are you taking it to have work done? Honda shop in Joliet closed its doors and Pontiac won’t do work cause I didn’t buy from there and Decatur were I got mine 100 5 from I doubt if I would trust them to air up my tires.

Reactions: BWAF
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
We’re are you taking it to have work done? Honda shop in Joliet closed its doors and Pontiac won’t do work cause I didn’t buy from there and Decatur were I got mine 100 5 from I doubt if I would trust them to air up my tires.
Lemonds in Fairfield Illinois
They usually do pretty good work.

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had my done about 2 months ago I guess, works great but then again it worked great before the upgrades.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
AppleCreek

AppleCreek

Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I just had mine done at
Sport City of Jacksonville in Jacksonville IL. Easy to work with and do good work. Very happy with how it drives after the clutch update.

O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
I’d call Honda corporate on their asses. Recall work is recall work, it doesn’t matter where you bought your machine. Same with warranty stuff. If anything you’d think they would WANT to do the work to hopefully win you over as a future customer.
Yeah, I tried buying from him, he was msrp plus destination, setup bulls***. I bought in bloomington for 1500 less. They closed. Guess peoria? I asked pontiac about doing recall and he told me take it where I bought it, blew any chance of me buying there.

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I tried buying from him, he was msrp plus destination, setup bulls***. I bought in bloomington for 1500 less. They closed. Guess peoria? I asked pontiac about doing recall and he told me take it where I bought it, blew any chance of me buying there.
Yea he lost sales on aftermarket accessories that I have made. I thought Bloomington was bought out by world of power sport. They have there store in Decatur, Peroria, and believe they just opened one in Springfield was not impressed by service in Decatur so would not go back there.

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just had mine done at
Sport City of Jacksonville in Jacksonville IL. Easy to work with and do good work. Very happy with how it drives after the clutch update.
Might have to go there. I am in Wilmington so would be a long drive.

advertisement
O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
Yea he lost sales on aftermarket accessories that I have made. I thought Bloomington was bought out by world of power sport. They have there store in Decatur, Peroria, and believe they just opened one in Springfield was not impressed by service in Decatur so would not go back there.
I acted like a b**** and called honda about dealer basically telling me to piss off. They couldn't care less! I was kinda surprised but oh well, I just wanted to b****. I'll buck up and take it to peoria and roll the dice if they have a good service dept.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I acted like a b**** and called honda about dealer basically telling me to piss off. They couldn't care less! I was kinda surprised but oh well, I just wanted to b****. I'll buck up and take it to peoria and roll the dice if they have a good service dept.
Try to get ahold of your area Honda rep and express your opinion with them. They have more pull than a CS rep in California.

Hot94Z28

Hot94Z28

Oct 22, 2017
Lexington Missouri
Earlier in the year I was told I had to have slippage to get the clutch update? Is this still true or they doing updates regardless? Also what is the safety recall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The clutch update letter states the up is for the 2016 and 2017 models if you have slippage they will replace the clutch if you don't they just do the new clutch cover update I just called my dealer and told them I wanted the clutch update done and the said bring it in no question asked the update is suppose to be good till sometime in 2020 I think. the safety recall is for the cover on the muffler they are putting a shield between the muffler and the plastic cover

Reactions: ohanacreek and BWAF
Hot94Z28

Hot94Z28

Oct 22, 2017
Lexington Missouri
The clutch update letter states the up is for the 2016 and 2017 models if you have slippage they will replace the clutch if you don't they just do the new clutch cover update I just called my dealer and told them I wanted the clutch update done and the said bring it in no question asked the update is suppose to be good till sometime in 2020 I think. the safety recall is for the cover on the muffler they are putting a shield between the muffler and the plastic cover

Where do these updates come out? I have not ever received any letters?

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got the clutch update letter the end of last year and got the safety recall on the muffler cover the end of April also when I took mine in for the clutch update my dealer did the heat shield for the seat

Hot94Z28

Hot94Z28

Oct 22, 2017
Lexington Missouri
I got the clutch update letter the end of last year and got the safety recall on the muffler cover the end of April also when I took mine in for the clutch update my dealer did the heat shield for the seat

I wonder why I never received any letters at all.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 16 and got clutch, and cab comfort but still haven't got muffler one

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Hot94Z28

Hot94Z28

Oct 22, 2017
Lexington Missouri
I have a 16 and got clutch, and cab comfort but still haven't got muffler one

I got the cab comfort done, because I found out on this forum. But I am wondering why I never received any letters on any of it?

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the cab comfort done, because I found out on this forum. But I am wondering why I never received any letters on any of it?

What year is it

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!