P1000 Clutch slipping

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Dealer elevated rig to burp air, found little bubble. Dealer verified coolant flow by removing hoses. Found nothing. Dealer verified fan op to come on according to new flash. Nothing found. Dealer pressurized sys. to verify head gasket ok,, found nothing. I cant believe Honda would field a rig that cant run 6000rpm climbing a hill at 10,000ft. Polaris RZRs pass me like Im standing still. I have the only Honda up here. Everyone else buys Polaris.
We tried winching the front of her P1000 up in trees on the trail to get it to stop overheating while also loosening the little purge bolt under the seat. It didnt work. I bought one of those cooling system vacs and totally drained her cooling system and kicked the engine over for a few seconds to let the water pump burp out any remaining fluids. Buttoned up cooling system and vacuumed it down, sucked in Evans waterless coolant and topped it off in the reservoir too. Problem solved so far. Have been on 3 or 4 rides and no problems. Knock on wood. Evans waterless coolant is like $50 a gallon and it used a little over a gallon between the cooling system and the overflow bottle.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!