Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to report a good time. Ran all night friday. Camped out. Ran it all day saturday.
The honda is a beast. Pulled at least 20 ride out. (Trying out my new winch) she bites down. Front end drops down digs in and she starts pulling.
Went thru spots those jacked up big tire can am's and rzr's were going thru. No issues. Only got stuck one time. If you want to call it that. Spot on the trail so soupy everyone had to winch them selfs up.
Crossed at stream with water up to my belly button.
Like I said. Everybody was asking about it.
And yes the clutch slipped all day. Both days. I ran it in low and !the weight and torque of this thing makes it were I go thru spots were guys are having to be on it to get thru and I just literally putt on thru the hole.

I took several videos of it slipping like crazy so my dealership which has had it 2 times already and told me everything was good will finally fix my clutch

View attachment 11830

The white and red panels are cool!

Reactions: Scooterchris
R

ratsnake

Mar 14, 2016
Alabama
Are there any white delux models experiencing clutch issues?
Mine started to slip yesterday dealer was closed today but I will be calling when they open in the AM mine is only two weeks old with 60 miles

R

ratsnake

Mar 14, 2016
Alabama
Are there any white delux models experiencing clutch issues?
Mine started to slip yesterday dealer was closed today but I will be calling when they open in the AM mine is only two weeks old with 60 miles

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep us posted on the outcome.

R

ratsnake

Mar 14, 2016
Alabama
Keep us posted on the outcome.
Oh I will it's really a pain knowing you spend this much for it and already messing up, who all on here has the same problems and what did you dealer do to resolve it. It only has 12 hours so not due for first service.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh I will it's really a pain knowing you spend this much for it and already messing up, who all on here has the same problems and what did you dealer do to resolve it. It only has 12 hours so not due for first service.
There has been one that I know of had them replaced has been fine since. Several are being told that there is a improved clutch pack but it's on back order. One was told they would rob parts off a new bike at the dealer to fix his. Several are at the dealers just waiting for a fix. Read the posts when you have time there's plenty lol. BTW mine slipped for only one weekend has since quit. I've heard of a few do this as well. I been following this thread since the beginning.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
how long have u had it?

advertisement
Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think some have been told to change the oil. I think I would try this ( or get the dealer to change it) and if it doesn't work back to the dealer!

Reactions: Everett
HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just picked mine up and they ended up changing the entire transmission. So far so good. Where is the bad ground located at so I can check mine?

J

jokerperry

Nov 16, 2015
Alberta Canada
Just picked mine up and they ended up changing the entire transmission. So far so good. Where is the bad ground located at so I can check mine?
He said its under the driver seat in an awkward spot he'll show me when I pick it up. But it fixed all my issues he said I also had a power steering light flickering.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

From schematics the transmission and engine crankcase appear to be the same assembly. In other words I would guess that the engine would have to come out and the pistons/cylinders would need to come off the crankcase to really change the entire transmission. I could be wrong, but that was my impression. It's not like an automotive transmission where it is separate from the engine. I'd be surprised if they really changed out the whole thing - if that's the case it would have probably been cheaper and easier to change the whole engine as well. Ask dealer to let you see the old transmission.

Waylan

Reactions: itsleo
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
From schematics the transmission and engine crankcase appear to be the same assembly. In other words I would guess that the engine would have to come out and the pistons/cylinders would need to come off the crankcase to really change the entire transmission. I could be wrong, but that was my impression. It's not like an automotive transmission where it is separate from the engine. I'd be surprised if they really changed out the whole thing - if that's the case it would have probably been cheaper and easier to change the whole engine as well. Ask dealer to let you see the old transmission.

Waylan
one of those things with dealers they just tell u what u want to here! should have sounded more like this (we changed the entire clutch pack!!) lmao

Reactions: JACKAL
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
I keep buying more and more stuff for my p1000. Hope they fix my clutch and it stays fixed lol

Reactions: itsleo
BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
Changed my oil for first time today no burn smell oil looked good for break in no debris in large filter at all a few minute particles in small filter.
I tried to reset the maintenance minder. I got the wrench off but wrench 1 came on immediately reset again wrench 2 reset again wrench 1 again. Can someone tell me how to reset this crazy thing. No clutch issues are any other failures knock on wood. My frame last 4 #s is 1809.Thanks in advance for help on reset.

advertisement