Y

YukonHonda

Jul 16, 2020
Yukon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 113266 View attachment 113267 Yuasa GYZ32HL - 500 CCA, 32AH
www.yuasabatteries.com/battery/gyz32hl/
Had a new spare for a bike sitting around, thought I'd try it.
Fit great by using the 1/4 " styrofoam packing around and under it to keep it from moving.
It's a workhorse of a battery.

Jim
Did you just put double sided tape on your fuse block and keep it on the battery? I’m trying to figure out where I should put mine but haven’t came up with where yet.

Reactions: ChadD
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you just put double sided tape on your fuse block and keep it on the battery? I’m trying to figure out where I should put mine but haven’t came up with where yet.
Yes sir,
That's exactly what I mounted my fuse box with, 3m red. It wont come off unless you pry it off.

Reactions: ChadD
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20190413 145933

Reactions: JLR
Y

YukonHonda

Jul 16, 2020
Yukon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know what the difference is between the PC 925 and PC 925L. Is the "L" version a lithium version? Its the same price but i dont see anywhere in any description of what the differences would be. I can find the 925L but cannot find a 925 anywhere in Canada at the moment

MC_Crowbar

MC_Crowbar

Lifetime Member
Mar 4, 2018
McAlester, OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know what the difference is between the PC 925 and PC 925L. Is the "L" version a lithium version? Its the same price but i dont see anywhere in any description of what the differences would be. I can find the 925L but cannot find a 925 anywhere in Canada at the moment
I believe the terminals (+/-) are swapped on the "L" version.

Reactions: TripleB
Elvis8310

Elvis8310

Jan 2, 2021
Edmond, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, my question as only having my 1000-5 for a month. Will installing all this custom wiring void my warranty? I know the plug and play stuff does not(dealer told me that when I bought it). Never knew about all the wiring of double batteries and stuff till joining site.

Elvis8310

Elvis8310

Jan 2, 2021
Edmond, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed two identical lithium batteries in the space of the original. Winch worked great with engine running. Pulled a small car out of ditch. Stayed strong all thru the winching. Started sliding the Pioneer, but finally got the Toyota out. Very happy with fast recharge rate and capacity.
What batteries are you using? I the middle of putting together my parts for dual battery kit.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can a lithium battery and the OEM Honda battery be run in a parallel circuit safely and efficiently without any damage done to either battery? There’s a good deal on the Antigravity ATX-12 that I’m considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I run 2 lithium batteries. (same type)They took the spot where the one lead acid was that came with the rig. I had to grind off about 1/16 of an inch off the ridge of plastic (not important, non-structural). Have not had any issues, but I do run a maintainer charger in the winter every couple of months for a few days. It also charges up the RV batteries, so I am ready to go on good weather trips to rockhound and explore ghost towns.

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got this battery from work. It is used as a backup power source for a heart-lung machine used in cardiac surgery. It is rated 12V/28Ah so I see no reason why it wouldn't work in our buggies. Fitment test = Pass ✅. Now I just need to figure out a method of securing inside the compartment.

IMG 7994

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can a lithium battery and the OEM Honda battery be run in a parallel circuit safely and efficiently without any damage done to either battery? There’s a good deal on the Antigravity ATX-12 that I’m considering.

Short answer, no. Batteries connected in parallel (with no isolator etc.) should be of the same type, age, and ideally, size. The internal resistance of Pb (lead acid) batteries is higher than that of lithium batteries. The Li full charge voltage is higher than Pb as well, as is the voltage throughout the discharge curve (Pb voltage starts down almost immediately under load, while the Li maintains voltage much better, dropping off sharply at full discharge.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Short answer, no. Batteries connected in parallel (with no isolator etc.) should be of the same type, age, and ideally, size. The internal resistance of Pb (lead acid) batteries is higher than that of lithium batteries. The Li full charge voltage is higher than Pb as well, as is the voltage throughout the discharge curve (Pb voltage starts down almost immediately under load, while the Li maintains voltage much better, dropping off sharply at full discharge.

Thanks for the info. I ended up going with the True dual lithium isolator kit and the Antigravity ATX-12 lithium battery as my my auxiliary battery.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the info. I ended up going with the True dual lithium isolator kit and the Antigravity ATX-12 lithium battery as my my auxiliary battery.

I read the specs and that setup should work fine - so long as you replacing your OEM (lead acid) battery with a lithium battery. It's designed to work only with two lithium batteries.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I read the specs and that setup should work fine - so long as you replacing your OEM (lead acid) battery with a lithium battery. It's designed to work only with two lithium batteries.

True website says that at least one battery needs to be lithium.

Reactions: bumperm
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
True website says that at least one battery needs to be lithium.

I stand corrected! Though their website is a bit ambiguous in that regard, saying both, "Lithium Only" and "For use in UTVs where at least one battery is lithium".

Last edited:
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I stand corrected! Though their website is a bit ambiguous in that regard, saying both, "Lithium Only" and "For use in UTVs where at least one battery is lithium".

Agree. I went back and forth on buying an additional lithium for the house battery out of caution. In the end I decided that I would keep a close eye on my voltmeter to see if I get any strange readings. If anything out of the ordinary happens, I’ll post it for others to see

Reactions: aleaddict
dojo

dojo

Jun 21, 2019
New England
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so i've been spending a lot of time reading up on this. my battery is finally starting to show its age, and id like to get it swapped into a dual battery setup before winter, and plowing.

with that in mind, it seems possible that i could potentially have 2 different batteries setup in dual mode, and these batteries can even be non matching if I have an isolator wired in.

looks like I need some AGM batteries, probably smart to match them for now, and a kit like this

alternatively, i could try to squeeze another season out of my current battery, offloading all accessories to the extra/new battery.

anything i've missed, or anything I should keep in mind?

dojo

dojo

Jun 21, 2019
New England
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i suppose my last concern is that i need a battery that performs well in the cold, where winter can be around zero degrees F. if there is a better battery for this, please let me know

aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My understanding is you want your primary to have maximum CCA and your auxiliary to be rated deep cycle. Do not mix Lithium with AGM.

Reactions: dojo
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!