P1000 confused on oil change.

L

laudy

Nov 1, 2019
United States
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hope someone here can clarify... have a pioneer 1000... changed oil for the first time at 100 miles. reset the oil change indicator. Now have 1245 miles on it and the oil change indicator has not come on yet. Im i mistaken... i thought the "wrench" indicator would come on at 1200 as i thought the oil should be changed every 1200 miles/
thanks on advance
laudy

Reactions: Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It should come on before *100 miles. (this is just the wrench, no #, you will do initial break in service / oil change)
Reset it..
It should pop up wrench #1 around the next 600 miles after reset. This is not an oil change, just general service
Reset it...
It should pop up wrench #2 around the next 600 miles after wrench 1 reset. This is for an oil change and other services.
Reset again.

The wrench is not tied to the actual ODO. It is tied to the remaining maintenance ODO countdown menu.
So if you reset at say.. .350 miles. Then it will not pop up again until 950 miles.
Every time you reset it, it starts back over at 600 miles and begins to count down.
It will alternate between wrench 1 and wrench 2 after every reset.
You can check this by pushing the button to get to the maintenance screen.

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't had a chance to read through my owners manual yet for my 1000. So you're saying the engine oil gets changed every 1200 miles?

Reactions: Lady01
L

laudy

Nov 1, 2019
United States
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It should come on before *100 miles. (this is just the wrench, no #, you will do initial break in service / oil change)
Reset it..
It should pop up wrench #1 around the next 600 miles after reset. This is not an oil change, just general service
Reset it...
It should pop up wrench #2 around the next 600 miles after wrench 1 reset. This is for an oil change and other services.
Reset again.

The wrench is not tied to the actual ODO. It is tied to the remaining maintenance ODO countdown menu.
So if you reset at say.. .350 miles. Then it will not pop up again until 950 miles.
Every time you reset it, it starts back over at 600 miles and begins to count down.
It will alternate between wrench 1 and wrench 2 after every reset.
You can check this by pushing the button to get to the maintenance screen.
thanks a million,, that explains it ,, i will check the maintenance screen... i bet the wrench should be coming on anytime now.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
thanks a million,, that explains it ,, i will check the maintenance screen... i bet the wrench should be coming on anytime now.
Parked...
Push the button and it should go like this.
ODO --> Tripmeter --> Coolant temp --> Hour meter --> Maint ODO countdown --> Maint Hour countdown --> repeat

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I usually change mine every 100 hrs . Sometimes my mileage is higher due to road travel and other times lower due to trail riding

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!