Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I may be one of the few possibly but I miss the park brake on the 700. I just came across a setup for an add on for the RZR's has anyone tried that yet? I'm really wanting to do this but hoping I'm not a Guinea pig. Has anyone done this to the rzr? Did it work well was it in the way? I'm sick of cringing every time on a hill when you here that "thunk" knowing what that sound is. I try to park in a way it doesn't strain it but unavoidable sometimes and if others use it they might not be as kind to it. Using the running gear to hold 1700lbs and sometimes lots more just seems stupid to me.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have thought about this but haven't had the chance to try it. Who's going to test the water?

Sent from my iPhone 10s

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I'm sure he's talking about the pawlector. There is a long thread over on the rzr thread and I've never read of anyone not thinking that was a good add-on. I emailed them a few days asking if they had intentions to make one for the Pioneer 1000 but I've not heard back.

Waylan

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes, I'm sure he's talking about the pawlector. There is a long thread over on the rzr thread and I've never read of anyone not thinking that was a good add-on. I emailed them a few days asking if they had intentions to make one for the Pioneer 1000 but I've not heard back.

Waylan
Yes the one that locks pedal. I don't think it would be to hard to incorporate into the 1000 as it's basically the same area. Just not sure how they mount up thankfully the whole steering column doesn't move with tilt wheel so it can't be hard but it's nice to hear they like it

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes the one that locks pedal. I don't think it would be to hard to incorporate into the 1000 as it's basically the same area. Just not sure how they mount up thankfully the whole steering column doesn't move with tilt wheel so it can't be hard but it's nice to hear they like it

Had one on my RZR and loved it, felt much better on the trailer too when towing. Would definitely buy one for the P1000.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's like this - Tough Country originally told one of the forum members that they had no intention of producing a bumper for the P1K. Several members emailed them and they changed their mind. Maybe if they see enough interest they will make one for the P1K?

Waylan

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Confession: I completely forgot I have a parking brake. P700. I never use it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
On the topic I think it would be a good idea, it would work just like a brake pedal lock on a tractor from the 70's and before where you lock the brake pedal down like if you were going to run a PTO shaft for a grain dryer etc. while engine running in neutral.

I can speak from experience on the P1K I did bend the pawl and the Low range shifting fork that was replaced when Honda fixed my clutch, I was in a bad spot (Top of steep hillside pointing down) with a tweaked tie rod and needed pulled back but so much pressure was on the subtrans it wouldn't budge out of Low range. We did our best with 2 SXS to pull back and ease the tension to get it out of gear just to get it 20 feet onto level ground. Something must have gave as it got to where it would not go into Low range shortly after that.

I would not worry about repeating what happened to mine on typical usage, I just got caught in a bad spot no way to go down 1200 ft. with the bent tie rod (wheel caught a rock just wrong), machine didn't want to start as everything was bound up.

None the less if a sturdy setup was produced I would own one even though it would not have helped me in that situation.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Maybe we need to push them into building it. I hate not having one some day it'll catch up maybe ok on the farm or dunes but not the deep woods

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey I was just looking at brakes and came up with same thing!! Great minds think alike. Maybe it's an Idaho thing:)

Reactions: Hawk53
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 14051 Hey I was just looking at brakes and came up with same thing!! Great minds think alike. Maybe it's an Idaho thing:)
I'm doing it! I'm going to design it to be powered only off of my accessory switch. The only downside is it uses juice to have it on but only 1amp so you don't want to park with it but in a bad spot perfect. It only works two wheels on average car but on the pioneer it would lock down all four! Easy hookup just one more switch on the dash. Done.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm doing it! I'm going to design it to be powered only off of my accessory switch. The only downside is it uses juice to have it on but only 1amp so you don't want to park with it but in a bad spot perfect. It only works two wheels on average car but on the pioneer it would lock down all four! Easy hookup just one more switch on the dash. Done.

If this thing fails do the brakes stay locked up? Could be bad news in the wrong place if it can do that.

Reactions: Hawk53
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If this thing fails do the brakes stay locked up? Could be bad news in the wrong place if it can do that.
If it doesn't get current yes it could fail. That being said again you wouldn't park with it and we're all use to putting the 1000 in park anyways. So if on a hill in bad place you simply hold the brake as you normally would hit the button and place in park. If it let loose you'd still be in park no harm no fowl. Go get that tree cut out of the way or hook up winch then you get back in place your foot on the brake same as you normally do hit button then pull from park and you're brakes are just as you left them. These are designed to just stop flow (so you have to step on brakes to engage) but you'd want a bright ass lite up button. It's basically a fluid version of a relay. Designed for up to 3000psi the pioneer wouldn't be close to that. In theory you could use it for hill breaking as well even if you only had brakes on 1/2 and hit lock they would stay at 1/2 till you turned them off. And here's our style switches for it. Ill install it away from the normal switches and it'll be red with a visible bright ass red dash light. Maybe even tie it in to the one already in the the instrument panel. $80 for everything.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was concerned about it keeping the brakes locked vs. not working at all.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
It will fail open and therefore the wheels will turn.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!