P1000 cool test

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
If u are planning to switch to synthetic from conventional your first or next oil change do this little test! Check ambient air temp and from a totally cold start time how long it takes for your fan to pop on. Then change oil and again from a totally cold start at same ambient air temp do it again and see how long it takes. Remember it takes several hours for the unit to cool completely!! prob 3-4 hours maybe more. (not sure)

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I wish they had an oil temp gauge stock. Or someone could come up with an adapter to bolt onto the oil cooler so you could easily add an external oil cooler on top of the heat exhanger

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I wish they had an oil temp gauge stock. Or someone could come up with an adapter to bolt onto the oil cooler so you could easily add an external oil cooler on top of the heat exhanger
Im adding one when I do Ill be letting u know all about it.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
oil temp and pressure gage! Also coolant temp gage as well digital so I can see actual temp rather than just the emblems that pop up. the one I am going to use for that is made by trial teck check it out Trail Tech || TTO - Engine Temp, Voltage, Tach/Hour
I use them on my drag bikes work awesome lots of different options and no wiring runs off watch battery I assume but I have one that is 5 years old and still never put a battery in it yet!!

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
oil temp and pressure gage! Also coolant temp gage as well digital so I can see actual temp rather than just the emblems that pop up. the one I am going to use for that is made by trial teck check it out Trail Tech || TTO - Engine Temp, Voltage, Tach/Hour

Hi Dale, This gauge sounds cool. Which model would you choose? I see only Honda engines upto 450. I do not have very good practical sense when it comes to this stuff.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Hi Dale, This gauge sounds cool. Which model would you choose? I see only Honda engines upto 450. I do not have very good practical sense when it comes to this stuff.
all the temperatures are the same from all there devices etc. meaning they all read actual temps regardless of the gauge

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
what are u looking for coolant temp or oil temp? they also have one that goes under spark plug non abrasive and gives u engine temp that way!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
when u ae looking at temps consistency is what maters not actual temp! for instance if u use a temp gauge and it reads 210 when actually 22o no big deal cause u will see what normal operating temp is during normal operations and see the differences when pushing hard etc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!