Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found this:

At the end ~ 13 minute mark or so.

View attachment 356343

Maybe they where keeping the influencers on a short leash.
I might have read on line that one of the influencers got a little too rambunctious and debeaded a tire at the Talon launch.
Boy the clearance is nothing to write home about! Looks like a crew golf cart for clearance. With only two guys in it, it’s nearly or is scrubbing on the cattle gate (and it’s a little guy too!)….toss in some basic weight and it’s high centered on that little gate. Definitely going to be limited on those rocky trails with any thing bigger that a volleyball.

At the end of the day, this will always be the limitation, compared to a 1000-3 or -5 I guess.

Ok for tooling around but in no way going where it’s shorter counterparts go out of the box without serious modifications.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Boy the clearance is nothing to write home about! Looks like a crew golf cart for clearance. With only two guys in it, it’s nearly or is scrubbing on the cattle gate (and it’s a little guy too!)….toss in some basic weight and it’s high centered on that little gate. Definitely going to be limited on those rocky trails with any thing bigger that a volleyball.

At the end of the day, this will always be the limitation, compared to a 1000-3 or -5 I guess.

Ok for tooling around but in no way going where it’s shorter counterparts go out of the box without serious modifications.
Your points are valid, but that is not the market they are trying to sale this too. I will say with a little help with suspension travel and larger tires this would be fine on most trail riding.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Your points are valid, but that is not the market they are trying to sale this too. I will say with a little help with suspension travel and larger tires this would be fine on most trail riding.
I agree with new A arms , some 30’s, and good shocks with the extra storage it would be a great trail buggy for a family.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wow!!! I thought this was a joke again, lol. It would be great to see a side by side comparison of the images, one created by Honda SXS for the April fools joke and a photo of this one.

Question…What is the top speed and how is acceleration?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow!!! I thought this was a joke again, lol. It would be great to see a side by side comparison of the images, one created by Honda SXS for the April fools joke and a photo of this one.

I have never driven a 1000-6 but simple math says when 6 guys say it's fast that means it faster than 5 guys saying it's fast.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

There were 4 grown men in ours for the first 5-6 miles, there was not enough trail room to get it up to speed. But from the little we could get it was very adequate for this application. Would guess top speed would be similar to the 3-5 seaters.

Last edited by a moderator:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No doubt I'm chomping at the bit to start on it but no machine yet patiently waiting. But got the custom cage lined up, the long travel will be done before I get mine I'm sure of that.
Are you going to build your own long travel, or have you talked to TTC about their plans / progress on the new front upper arm mounts?

Another issue might be the extended axles with the new spline/nut size...

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you going to build your own long travel, or have you talked to TTC about their plans / progress on the new front upper arm mounts?

Another issue might be the extended axles with the new spline/nut size...

I'm not sure yet, I want to build boxed arms but if I did TTC arms again I'd have to figure out steering. I had some binding with the heims and some contact with the arms. The rack took the abuse and wears out quickly. I'm also thinking stock length arms and portals with good shocks 🤷‍♂️

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!