P1000 Cthulhu upside down

bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club! I flipped mine too. Not as good as you, mine just landed on its side hard and slid down the road a little. The cage is really tuff. Maybe you can get it back going soon.

bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
O yeah, sorry for the cooler! I know how it feels. I had my Engel cooler strapped on the back tail gate and when it hit it ripped the hook thought the loop on the side. Still holds ice!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Bummer that you rolled it. If you decide to go the insurance route, talk to Peter at Northstar Motorsports. He can do insurance work and will use aftermarket parts if available and you want them. Thinking Highlifter A arms! If you don't do insurance, hit me up. Still got the stock arms and front bumper. Won't be back for another week though.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know. I'm almost better off just buying a new flipping cooler.

Yeah the pioneer thing sucks too.

Do know where I can go to get my Colman axle realigned? Probably just gonna claim that out too. I like having wheels.

Also. The 5 panel rear view mirror I had. Don't get that s***. Anybody that gets any kind of glass for the interior should make sure it's laminated or safety. I broke that thing in half with my face and s*** could have turned bad fast.

Yes literally in half with my head. Like a karate master. Just less impressive.

Glad you get my humor.
BB that's kind of funny about the cooler! It might be covered. When we rolled the 700 I just pushed the Rops over a bit but our insurance company let me rebuild it which was cool. I'm really sorry about your bad luck too man! You did get a b****en' picture though!!

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
BB that's kind of funny about the cooler! It might be covered. When we rolled the 700 I just pushed the Rops over a bit but our insurance company let me rebuild it which was cool. I'm really sorry about your bad luck too man! You did get a b****en' picture though!!
It's funny. I almost punched my friend in the face. I was like help me roll it over and he said wait man I gotta get a picture. I thought he was insulting me, and all I wanted was the thing back on its wheels. I was like dude what the f***. He just looks at me and says trust me man, you are gonna regret it if I dont.

He was right. After an hour I really wanted that pic.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh he was right! Sometimes you forget to take a picture and really regret it later. Make sure to thank him

Reactions: joeymt33
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Update. Talked to the insurance guy. He said I can bring it to a shop or do the work myself and pocket the 80 an hour for labor. Any aftermarket pieces are fine I just pay the difference.

500 dollar deductible. 120 dollar a arm, plus whatever shop charges in labor. I'm guessing 2 hours.

Not gonna fix the plastics, not gonna fix the roof. I'm sure I'll hurt them both a little more before the rig gets buried anyways.

So I'm gonna bring it to hartley motors and have them do their inspection, and insurance guy is going to come do his inspection at their shop. If they say it needs a new cage I'll pay the 500 and do the a arm myself. If they say it's fine then I'll just do the work out of pocket.

All my accessories are covered no problem. I was looking at something different for the windshield, but I don't think there's anything better than The glass window right now. I wish they made a vent for the window.

Thinking the forward arched a arms might happen. 400 for 2 sets, vs 125 for one lower stock arm.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Image Image Image Go that way! They let me choose on my 700. Just push the cage back over a bit and call it a day. I used our frame rack however a properly placed tree and a winch will work great. Gives lots of room for "activities" all that really happens on a cage is it gets moved a bit. Inspect it for kinks or damage. Motorcycle shops are lame compared to automotive shops they will replace a roll bar because it's got a scratch the don't have the ability to even fix that they will do 10hrs and a 1500 dollar part because they can only change parts. My 700 had a slightly bent tab that I cleaned up and restraightened, reinforced and they quoted 2500 for frame replace and 23 hour shop time. It was stupid and it would have totaled it so we had to drop some hours off to be able to keep it. Was a 13k estimate! Fixed with accessories in two days.
If they'll let you fix it and you can do it go that route!! more then likely you'll be saving the insurance company as well

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!