Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well a major reason this build has become so substantial is to go cross country comfortably. We don’t need this caliber truck to drive an hour any of the places we go locally. Cramped in our previous trucks for 24hr straight (especially with my daughter sitting sideways in back) just isn’t doable. I don’t want nor can afford a new truck so this is how I’ll get it done.
in all honesty I doubt I would’ve finally pulled the trigger had I not met all you guys. Got new trails to ride, beers to drink but most importantly people to see. This truck is being built because of the Hondasxs club.
Looking forward to the meetup it enables!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well a major reason this build has become so substantial is to go cross country comfortably. We don’t need this caliber truck to drive an hour any of the places we go locally. Cramped in our previous trucks for 24hr straight (especially with my daughter sitting sideways in back) just isn’t doable. I don’t want nor can afford a new truck so this is how I’ll get it done.
in all honesty I doubt I would’ve finally pulled the trigger had I not met all you guys. Got new trails to ride, beers to drink but most importantly people to see. This truck is being built because of the Hondasxs club.
That's awesome man. Like I said, can't wait to see it in person and meet you guys. Whether it's on your coast or mine 😂😂

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Today the rest of the lights showed up. New chrome edge taillights, front markers with chrome trim and turn signal housings. Also got two chrome headlight buckets. These were all on the LE truck which mine will be titled as and is turning into. Was going away from the chrome but decided I did want at least all the factory stuff. Still got the 1ton cab lights and dually box lights to go but trying to figure out the exact look I want.
104C76DC 211D 4D17 9621 AE8B15CF146B

Last edited:
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can you run purple marker lights on the dually fenders? Our 97 Black Ram had some purple accent stripes and I had installed purple lights on the dually fenders and rear marker lights. Around Ms. they were alright but the DOT in some other states frowned on them.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can you run purple marker lights on the dually fenders? Our 97 Black Ram had some purple accent stripes and I had installed purple lights on the dually fenders and rear marker lights. Around Ms. they were alright but the DOT in some other states frowned on them.
Washington is such a stickler I’m not sure I want to test that. Don’t want to bring attention to myself anyways if ya know what I mean.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
She sounds great!
I was surprised, lots has changed from timing to big turbo, Intercooler and all kinds of crap. It took under couple min to get fuel to #1. Opened 2-6 injectors, cranked for its first time and it almost fired. Locked the injectors back down and she popped off instantly and I ran for 10sec. Not bad from completely dry lines. That video was next fire up. She doesn’t turn over a full revolution before it’s idling smoothly. Very happy!!
Oh and I thought this fitting from Pusher intakes, it’s a “Cummins Pusher”
280A86C3 CFFD 477D AA7E AAA346606BC5

Last edited:
JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
All doors and fenders now adjusted and inner fenders going in. They came off a wrecked truck and even though I bent them around before paint they are still proving to be a b****. But after those are fully in the fun stuff starts.
View attachment 242404
The engine bay looks naked compared to my 2017 6.7 cummins!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A year and a half later still won’t make it to Barrett jackson
Lol. Hey f***er I didn’t pull even a bolt till July 18 so 6 months how I look at it. Sucks it’s taking longer then planned but going a whole lot further then I was going to originally. Probably done 15 side jobs in that time for cash too though.
Haven’t taken any shortcuts, you know how I am once I start driving something, building and maintenance stops so not doing that here. Be much quicker with you as a neighbor.
Moved the completion date twice, it’s now by April. Takes 9 months to have a baby, well this is my baby. Start of the good riding season. Since there’s no Odessa 100 this year because it’s Washington and there’s Covid, where are we going?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!