Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well onto interior for a bit. Dash is coming back out, going to throw sound deading on the underside of the dash itself and repair a couple holes that were drilled by previous owner then die it a darker shade of charcoal rather then the factory blueish grey. Will do this with the rest of interior as well as a few different shades to give it some life rather then just one shade of blah grey.
Gotta ton of gauges to wire up and install at this point to have it done correctly. Then start in with the rest of the controls including new radio. Be here for awhile. Also picked up a another led work light just for the cab so not running stupid little work lights. Much better!
9EA1FEC1 954C 4A47 8E15 7A084868B9E1
CE06EF8F 04B7 4C9D 98D6 F8BEA69BCB93

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well onto interior for a bit. Dash is coming back out, going to throw sound deading on the underside of the dash itself and repair a couple holes that were drilled by previous owner then die it a darker shade of charcoal rather then the factory blueish grey. Will do this with the rest of interior as well as a few different shades to give it some life rather then just one shade of blah grey.
Gotta ton of gauges to wire up and install at this point to have it done correctly. Then start in with the rest of the controls including new radio. Be here for awhile. Also picked up a another led work light just for the cab so not running stupid little work lights. Much better!
View attachment 251350View attachment 251351
Better double up on that. Those 12v are noisy in a good way unless you have a hangover!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Better double up on that. Those 12v are noisy in a good way unless you have a hangover!
They aren’t too bad on the inside when stock, they are insulated good in front, my 2x4 is pleasant for long drives. But this one will a “bit” louder as seen in video I posted.
It’ll get a box of deadening in each door, firewall and dash then back wall will receive a couple a piece. Transmission tunnel will be very heavily insulated and the floor will receive insulation a thick rubber mat and new carpet. I figure over 200 pounds of sound deadening, currently have over half of it. Not exactly worried about weight lol. Not leaving anything out, It’ll be good inside like the ‘98. I don’t want it to be a quiet diesel outside, that’s part of owning a 12v especially a manual, it sounds like a big ol semi pulling up.

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They aren’t too bad on the inside when stock, they are insulated good in front, my 2x4 is pleasant for long drives. But this one will a “bit” louder as seen in video I posted.
It’ll get a box of deadening in each door, firewall and dash then back wall will receive a couple a piece. Transmission tunnel will be very heavily insulated and the floor will receive insulation a thick rubber mat and new carpet. I figure over 200 pounds of sound deadening, currently have over half of it. Not exactly worried about weight lol. Not leaving anything out, It’ll be good inside like the ‘98. I don’t want it to be a quiet diesel outside, that’s part of owning a 12v especially a manual, it sounds like a big ol semi pulling up.
I'm not coming out there unless that truck is done, I want to run it up the creek at the airstrip!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm not coming okpout there unless that truck is done, I want to run it up the creek at the airstrip!
Sounds good. Last time I was there with my last first gen 4x4 I had to pull out a drowned Yota. This was coming out onto the strip
CA19EB77 9762 47BC 878F CEE8694D2CF9

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Fixed all the old accessory screw holes, scratches and nicks in the dash. Insulated the underside and sprayed with a vinyl die. Changed color just a bit to a darker richer grey. Struggling a bit tonight with fitment so headed in. Another day.
B0FB2CAF 1534 48BE 9309 7513C661F8F87A3603E0 3550 4E61 B06D B765E1D7DFB6

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fixed all the old accessory screw holes, scratches and nicks in the dash. Insulated the underside and sprayed with a vinyl die. Changed color just a bit to a darker richer grey. Struggling a bit tonight with fitment so headed in. Another day.
View attachment 251541View attachment 251540
Hey I’ve been drinking,..., ur fan to radiator clearance is disturbing! .....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ur not running an electric fan! A lot of torque and flex.....ur fan is going to eat ur mega dollar radiator’...!
Electric fan doesn’t get the cfm. I’ve went down that road and my son is going through it now. Electric fans on a diesel is a joke especially if it’s pumped up.
ill take my chances, if it s***s the radiator I’ll drop back to a three core

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Electric fan doesn’t get the cfm. I’ve went down that road and my son is going through it now. Electric fans on a diesel is a joke especially if it’s pumped up.
Hey I’m just trying to help u....nothing more

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly ur running a mechanical fan!extremely close to ur mega dollar radiator

G

GuyOnABuffalo

If you run into clearance issues with your fan and radiator..here’s a simple trick. Fire up the truck and position yourself on the bumper where you can clearly see the space between the fan and radiator.. run your hand down between the fan and radiator and very quickly push on the fan blades firmly towards the fire wall until you have the desired clearance. Warning.. you have to be quick or the fan might bit you a little bit.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I said ur not running an electric fan,.....pay attention....u need inches between ur mechanical fan and ur radiator

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!