Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm thinking you should rewind the ODO to 0. Provided it is already registered and you won't have any issues there. The ODO reading is really irrelevant at this point but would be cool to start at 0 on your "new" truck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I did look for new old stock.Sucks because the truck really will be new. 140k is well under half what my others average so that’s something I guess.

Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did look for new old stock.Sucks because the truck really will be new. 140k is well under half what my others average so that’s something I guess.
It's just an old mechanical ODO that starts over right? Put a speedo cable in the back of it with a drill. Zip tie the trigger on the drill and let it run till it resets.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's just an old mechanical ODO that starts over right? Put a speedo cable in the back of it with a drill. Zip tie the trigger on the drill and let it run till it resets.

It is electronic believe or not lol.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If you already have it apart and want to re-clock it you should be able to just pop it open and wind it by hand. Used to do it on old (old) GMs and European cars, never tried a mopar though 🤷‍♂️

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear you. Now listen. Core support maxed forward against condenser and intercooler and grill. Radiator is as far forward as possible. Engine cannot move backwards. Obviously clutch fan is attached to the engine, it cannot be clearanced. Can’t gain room with electric as I won’t run them. The space of 3/4” is what there is. Many new diesels are stock around 1” so it’s tight but probably not like omg.
now what you aren’t hearing and posting like 35 times is that if it hits I’ll be forced to get a 3 core radiator instead. It’ll just be a possible setback but that’s it. Ok? That’s all. I’m going to run it and if it hits I’ll replace it, that’s my option. I’d like this radiator so I’m going to run the risk. You’re bringing it up like it’d destroy the engine or something stupid. “If” it chewed the fan (doubt it) I have another I’d hate it but it’s a radiator no biggie. A 5 min swap from my 2x4 if I had to while I wait for new one. Moving on, the build continues.
[/

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok,,,, apparently things have changed since ,the day I wrenched on things.There was very few electric fans back in 2002.however most pick ups had mechanical fans with big fan shrouds w quite a bit of clearance between them and the radiator.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I
Ok,,,, apparently things have changed since ,the day I wrenched on things.There was very few electric fans back in 2002.however most pick ups had mechanical fans with big fan shrouds w quite a bit of clearance between them and the radiator.
I wouldn’t give a s*** if I didn’t like u,even thou I’ve never met u

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I

I wouldn’t give a s*** if I didn’t like u,even thou I’ve never met u
I do understand the concern, if I thought there was I problem I’d bring it up as well to possibly try to help save someone. Have done that on this site with mixed results to be honest.
Fact is I am aware, have been since before install and did all I could do. Shroud is still off for this reason. But radiator was bought too long ago for return so it really doesn’t matter if it blows. If it does I’ll go 3 core. No loss at this point. That’s why I was getting frustrated, it keeps getting brought up however I’m over it. Have been. Had it revved to the moon and I see same clearance. I’ll report back as soon as she’s going through the gears at 3200rpm sideways down a dirt road lol.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I do understand the concern, if I thought there was I problem I’d bring it up as well to possibly try to help save someone. Have done that on this site in the past with mixed results to be honest.
Fact is I am aware, have been since before install and did all I could do. Shroud is still off for this reason. But radiator was bought too long ago for return so it really doesn’t matter if it blows. If it does I’ll go 3 core. No loss at this point. That’s why I was getting frustrated, it keeps getting brought up however I’m over it. Have been. Had it revved to the moon and I see same clearance. I’m running it. Even if it went it’s a 12valve they take some abuse. I’ll report back as soon as she’s going through the gears at 3200rpm sideways down a dirt road lol.
Earth to CP, you got copy? Roger, you really going flat tracking down a dirt road with a new paint job. Negative on the flat tracking and out! HA!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Earth to CP, you got copy? Roger, you really going flat tracking down a dirt road with a new paint job. Negative on the flat tracking and out! HA!
I’ll keep this one nicer then my previous trucks but I’m not going to be afraid of things.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
this Thread needs more purple.
Here ya go my friend. Even has Washington plates that say CP.😊
E074DF05 9BF0 441B 9D29 31C8FF01B396

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do understand the concern, if I thought there was I problem I’d bring it up as well to possibly try to help save someone. Have done that on this site with mixed results to be honest.
Fact is I am aware, have been since before install and did all I could do. Shroud is still off for this reason. But radiator was bought too long ago for return so it really doesn’t matter if it blows. If it does I’ll go 3 core. No loss at this point. That’s why I was getting frustrated, it keeps getting brought up however I’m over it. Have been. Had it revved to the moon and I see same clearance. I’ll report back as soon as she’s going through the gears at 3200rpm sideways down a dirt road lol.
Alright,carry on

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It ain't nothing a case of coors light can't fix.

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just read through about 20 pages, very nice work. Its amazing how much time the details take, last summer I did a "quick" cab and frame swap on my 98 2500 Cummins. Had 290k on the clock and ran great, but had parts on the shelf I have been accumulating for compounds. So motor went through a full rebuild, along with about $2500 in go fast stuff i didn't plan on....

I wish I took/had more time to go through everything, as you have. Ended up getting the motor done, but that ate up a lot of time and $$$ I originally planned on the driveline and body. So now I'm daily driving mine and fixing and/or upgrading as I have time, in between regular maintenance and fixing broken chit. That is going to be one hell of a rig, keep up the good work.

PS I wouldn't loose any sleep over the fan clearance, that radiator won't move much at all, and the fan blades don't flex much.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!