Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What are you going to do for seats ? Looking great btw !
Factory 93 LE buckets up front and either same in rear or the front bench from non LE pickup. I want buckets w/console in the back wife wants bench, she may win that battle.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Finally found a bed liner after a year of looking. Wasn’t driving the pickup, and was time sensitive so unconventional had to do.
DEFF2E40 B212 4336 BE34 3A468AB32E9E

0A5D75E8 EDF6 48D4 8ECA DBF895281E9E

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Why no sprayin???
Spray in doesn’t protect the bed itself much, mainly paint. Beds nowadays don’t get used much but I use the s*** out of my trucks and I’m sick of the box being destroyed.
Think of it as I skid plate on a Sxs, spray in bed liner wouldn’t do jack crap underneath but thick plastic protects it. Especially with the ridges drop in’s have, disperses weight really well. I was going to do spray liner if couldn’t find a drop in. Only s***ty part is they are slick so I’ll have to actually strap the ramps down loading the Sxs’s

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Spray in doesn’t protect the bed itself much, mainly paint. Beds nowadays don’t get used much but I use the s*** out of my trucks and I’m sick of the box being destroyed.
Think of it as I skid plate on a Sxs, spray in bed liner wouldn’t do jack crap underneath but thick plastic protects it. Especially with the ridges drop in’s have, disperses weight really well. I was going to do spray liner if couldn’t find a drop in. Only s***ty part is they are slick so I’ll have to actually strap the ramps down loading the Sxs’s
I have seen guys spray the plastic liner with the spray in liner material to solve the slickness issue.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Really? I thought that was the point of the spray in?!?!

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The two things I always hated about the plastic was how slick they were, had to tie every single thing down and more importantly the fact that they move around and rub all the paint off underneath and rust will still develop. Had it happen on multiple trucks. Only use spray in liner now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The two things I always hated about the plastic was how slick they were, had to tie every single thing down and more importantly the fact that they move around and rub all the paint off underneath and rust will still develop. Had it happen on multiple trucks. Only use spray in liner now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh and I’ll agree with all you said. I suggest spray in to customers that come into the shop.
But I’ve had both and neither. Spray in just doesn’t protect near as well, just because it works better for most doesn’t mean it does for me. When I’m loading anything I don’t want to worry about denting. Id hate screwing up the box in this truck. With plastic you just huck it in no worries. The Sxs in the back takes out wheel wells and this prevents it, I like a truck that can haul Sxs in the back, that’s part of it for me.
Throwing logs into the back dents the floor. My previous ‘92 that had a drop in didn’t get any damage, none. ‘98 with spray liner is messed up. And obviously my current’92 naked is messed up.
Now if I went to sell the truck I’d pull the plastic and spray it, it’d then be perfect as opposed to an old liner with a beat up box. Again I use my trucks and had both I know which holds up better for us. This is an old truck that will get used. Trust me I’d rather a spray in for looks and grip. If by chance something happens to the liner it will be sprayed.
This bed was perfect just awhile ago, drop in prevents this
DDFC05D2 3418 476F B151 9BEA0F43BCA0

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Really? I thought that was the point of the spray in?!?!
It does help I’m not saying that. But hard heavy impact still get through. By no means am I saying anything bad about spray in, in most ways they are better and again I suggest to people to get them, they are more desirable. Definitely not picking them apart, I’d like to run one.
Who knows maybe I’ll treat this truck better and decide down road to go the other way, we deal with a couple places that specialize in spray-ins so I’d get a good deal and I have ability to spray as well, however it’s not as good as professional. But for now this is what I decided on, judging by my last truck with same liner, it’s what I want.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I posted the possibility of buying this bumper and asked what you all thought but deleted as I decided against it. Showed wife pics and she wanted it, she wantsa winch. For a winch bumper the Warn looks ok I guess. Might have to rechome it, gotta look pretty good otherwise I won’t run it. Wish I hadn’t sold my Warn winch.
Not sure why the hell that truck will need a winch but I guess I’m going that route, wife wants it so it’s in the back of the car with me.
AE9E4256 D922 4EFF 80FF 428842BA1DF3

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've had both, had rubber mats in both, prefer the spray on with the mat.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I posted the possibility of buying this bumper and asked what you all thought but deleted as I decided against it. Showed wife pics and she wanted it, she wantsa winch. For a winch bumper the Warn looks ok I guess. Might have to rechome it, gotta look pretty good otherwise I won’t run it. Wish I hadn’t sold my Warn winch.
Not sure why the hell that truck will need a winch but I guess I’m going that route, wife wants it so it’s in the back of the car with me. View attachment 257742
Your truck is going to be custom from one end to the other! Think the bumper will be fine with some CP magic!

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unless ur carrying plastic gas containers w The the plastic liner,produces a lot of static electricity.not good.Dont ask me how I know.Insurance companies have little sympathy for ur story.Theres a reason u can not buy a plastic liner in California.only thing there that makes any sense in California.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Unless ur carrying plastic gas containers w The the plastic liner,produces a lot of static electricity.not good.Dont ask me how I know.Insurance companies have little sympathy for ur story.Theres a reason u can not buy a plastic liner in California.only thing there that makes any sense in California.
Well tbh if it’s not allowed in California then I want it installed just a little more🤣

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!