Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just don’t let plastic gas cans move at all ,period
Interesting, we have had plenty of farm pickups with plastic bed liners and tons of plastic gas cans hauled all over the place, never an issue. Is this like how all gardeners in CA got cancer from roundup yet farmers somehow didn’t?

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting, we have had plenty of farm pickups with plastic bed liners and tons of plastic gas cans hauled all over the place, never an issue. Is this like how all gardeners in CA got cancer from roundup yet farmers somehow didn’t?
Maybe it’s a no humidity high temperatures thing.but it’s very real

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe it’s a no humidity high temperatures thing.but it’s very real
Our farm and ranch is in MT, summers easily get to 100*. Just never been an issue for anyone I know. I’m not calling you out just wondering if it’s a 1/1,000,000 chance of having an issue or 1/3, because what’s 1/3 in CA is 1/10,000,000 everywhere else.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our farm and ranch is in MT, summers easily get to 100*. Just never been an issue for anyone I know. I’m not calling you out just wondering if it’s a 1/1,000,000 chance of having an issue or 1/3, because what’s 1/3 in CA is 1/10,000,000 everywhere else.
Well in 2001 I burnt a new Silverado w 1500 miles on it to the ground.2 gallon plastic gas can sliding around .not great considering it wasn’t my truck.some things u don’t forget

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well in 2001 I burnt a new Silverado w 1500 miles on it to the ground.2 gallon plastic gas can sliding around .not great considering it wasn’t my truck.some things u don’t forget
Yep, low humidity, wind=static electricity, you know lightning is static electricity, right ? It is deadly.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s crazy, wonder if it happened often or if you were just dealt a bad hand that day.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What about putting a rubber bed mat on top of the plastic liner? That would be easiest. I'm not going into the plastic liner issue, been battling that issue for 43 years and chewed 43 years of butt out for throwing a $ 20.00 shovel on a $ 100.00 dollar level and breaking it. This is a pet peeve of mine! Got to work smart, not hap hazard. Question, when you a shovel in the back of your truck, which end do you point towards the cab? I'm lazy, I always load with the the handle pointed towards the cab, that way I don't have to unload all the stuff on top of my shovel to get it out, just grab the blade and pull it out. DUGH!

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Spray in doesn’t protect the bed itself much, mainly paint. Beds nowadays don’t get used much but I use the s*** out of my trucks and I’m sick of the box being destroyed.
Think of it as I skid plate on a Sxs, spray in bed liner wouldn’t do jack crap underneath but thick plastic protects it. Especially with the ridges drop in’s have, disperses weight really well. I was going to do spray liner if couldn’t find a drop in. Only s***ty part is they are slick so I’ll have to actually strap the ramps down loading the Sxs’s
Tractor Supply sells rubber horse mats in different thicknesses to stop the sliding.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What about putting a rubber bed mat on top of the plastic liner? That would be easiest.
This. I have only owned one plastic bed liner. I had to put a rubber mat on it to keep stuff from sliding around. Worked great.
That might just be the deal. I found one that fits the truck or find big enough section, either way trim so doesn’t move around.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Took all vents apart today and cleaned them up before installing. Also installed some new foam on the vents so they didn’t rattle and stay where you move them. Always irritating with older cars.
ED51A93A EB0B 43A4 A6E5 5EB856031631

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dash is done! Everything in, no clearance issues, felt rubber bumpers and double back all used to eliminate rattling down the road. Lots of sound deadening installed underneath. Everything works like it should.
RPM gauge will be ordered later and installed on steering column, but all other gauges in and working. Trans and rear diff sensors are in just need plugged in.
Installed new Nakamichi stereo, nothing fancy. Wanted a deck that kinda looked right for the interior, and volume knob easy. It does have Bluetooth and has Apple App for full control.
ran larger power wire to the heater as Dodge was too small gauge and fans don’t blow like they should. Also added much larger stereo power and ground straps for the additional power needed. All new larger speaker wires ran for all 4 doors. Trigger wire, two sets of rca and power wire ran for the sub amp later. Also power, key switch and interior light ran for the center console, it’ll have lighting inside and usb charging.
Been busy, finally seeing progress.
E939A0F9 E8AF 4007 82D0 1F98BF6FF183
73DEBB07 8163 491A 8B82 9A1AC394220F

125B3271 5210 4B97 8564 94A6A612D937

Last edited:
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dash is done! Everything in, no clearance issues, felt rubber bumpers and double back all used to eliminate rattling down the road. Lots of sound deadening installed underneath. Everything works like it should.
RPM gauge will be ordered later and installed on steering column, but all other gauges in and working. Trans and rear diff sensors are in just need plugged in.
Installed new Nakamichi stereo, nothing fancy. Wanted a deck that kinda looked right for the interior, and volume knob easy. It does have Bluetooth and has Apple App for full control.
ran larger power wire to the heater as Dodge was too small gauge and fans don’t blow like they should. Also added much larger stereo power and ground straps for the additional power needed. All new larger speaker wires ran for all 4 doors. Trigger wire, two sets of rca and power wire ran for the sub amp later. Also power, key switch and interior light ran for the center console, it’ll have lighting inside and usb charging.
View attachment 257804View attachment 257805
View attachment 257806
Looking good 😎 @JeremieBaker , did you see Frankie lately? 🤣

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Instrument cluster is in, added a few led strips as well as the replacement bulbs to get the effect I wanted. Looks good I think. Pics absolutely don’t do this justice but so much better then stock crap dim green. This is turned down so pic took some.
Still have the bezel and everything else to go but getting excited.
View attachment 254036View attachment 254035
Isn't that the same gauges as "Christine" ?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 257804View attachment 257805
View attachment 257806
Which of those gauges is the clock?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!