Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Factory style simulators. It’s what the LE dually ran so it’ll look factory.

View attachment 267043
When you have a load on it, if you hear a squeaking sound while rolling it could be the rear simulators rubbing on the rear wheels. Mine did that so I installed aluminum wheels. Hopefully yours is quiet.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When you have a load on it, if you hear a squeaking sound while rolling it could be the rear simulators rubbing on the rear wheels. Mine did that so I installed aluminum wheels. Hopefully yours is quiet.
Definitely don’t have money for aluminum rims right now. That’d be 20% of the existing build cost. Cross my fingers.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also mine was a 2012 model with 17 inch wheels and aftermarket simulators, they were probably made in China. I went with American Racing with a chrome look. The rear finish started coming off after a little over a year. If we had kept it I probably would have powder coated them.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Also mine was a 2012 model with 17 inch wheels and aftermarket simulators, they were probably made in China. I went with American Racing with a chrome look. The rear finish started coming off after a little over a year. If we had kept it I probably would have powder coated them.
Have simulators on the bus and never any issues. I like them they held up well.

8C33A514 D10D 41EB BAD8 26D8B0AD5CCC

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Getting really anxious. Tired and need some woods here pretty soon and I’m seeing it with the wife now. This truck has cost not only me but the family a lot of sacrifice. It’ll be worth it being paid off though, sick of payments no more.
3 weeks to go before no matter what, wife says she just wants to make it for Mother’s Day in the woods. Never missed one so that’s the date.
She just came and grabbed me from working for a bonfire, getting to her too. Road worthy soon!
Cheers
E36ABA18 7EFB 4209 8B0B D8380A2F4508

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I take it this is a bad sign🥺 checking rear diff today, already did the front one. Popped the cover to find this, not sure how it was driving and not locked up.
f***ing donor truck got me again. That thing was the most beat to crap truck I’ve ever seen, should’ve known better but there isn’t much to choose from. Another setback.

3D4DF516 521F 4D63 933A C9402222D2E2

guy had put sealer over the cover where it blew a hole through.

3F75F737 AAA5 4C09 8EDE 58237D230794

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I take it this is a bad sign🥺 checking rear diff today, already did the front one. Popped the cover to find this, not sure how it was driving and not locked up.
f***ing donor truck got me again. That thing was the most beat to crap truck I’ve ever seen, should’ve known better but there isn’t much to choose from. Another setback.

View attachment 267187

View attachment 267188
Do you know where he lives sounds like to me when you get done he needs some yard farming done ,DICK

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do you know where he lives sounds like to me when you get done he needs some yard farming done ,DICK
He knew full well for sure, positive that’s why the truck quit driving. He said both diffs were good, that’s mainly what I bought it for. I’m f***ing pissed but nothing can do about it. Wish it had been the front, it’d at least be drivable till I could get to it. I’ll figure it out It’ll get fixed.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I take it this is a bad sign checking rear diff today, already did the front one. Popped the cover to find this, not sure how it was driving and not locked up.

View attachment 267187

View attachment 267188

That don’t look good......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CA16EC8E 767E 4140 9185 7530270A518A

Good news and bad news.
Bad: guess I gotta sell my right kidney too.
Good: she’s scheduled to go in for all new diff crap, was tough as the guy I want to do it is busy as hell but he’s making time. New limited slip, gears, bearings and seals.
Everything in the drivetrain from engine back will be brand new or professionally rebuilt. f*** it.
Cutting it close for camp trip, it’s going in the week we are leaving. I’ll put cover and fluid back in it to get around prior. It’s got appointment at muffler shop this week, tires/wheels/alignment next week and now differential shop the the following week. And I’ve still got lots of put together.
Won’t have time to get some miles on everything prior to being loaded heavily down for camping. I guess break in on everything will be the trip into the woods. Holy crap it just got real.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!