Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
She aligned and was told everything looks good. Had them do a once over and was told nothing was needed anytime soon mechanically. I tend to take peoples word seldomly but it’s nice to hear from someone trying to make money off you that all is good.
This thing drives damn f***ing good! Hand off wheel rolls straight, no rattles or anything weird. f*** ya! Only issue is the rear end still and getting fixed.
I know everyone has their hard minded choice of tires, so do I. After 3 sets with good luck Including my first 1st gen, I went with Yokohama Geolanders. Tall and skinny cause I live in snow county and not completely dumb lol.
finally got 6 wheels! Installing a couple of the wheel simulators now. Getting there!

View attachment 268834View attachment 268833
That is one sexy b!tch!!!!

I had Geolanders on my Chev DirtyMax CC, they are great tires.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That is one sexy b!tch!!!!

I had Geolanders on my Chev DirtyMax CC, they are great tires.
Ya I had them on two Nissan’s and a first gen 4x4, got very good tire life. Do you remember what you got outta them on the Max?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Ya I had them on two Nissan’s and a first gen 4x4, got very good tire life. Do you remember what you got outta them on the Max?
Think I had around 40K on them when I sold it. They were still 50% or better. The DirtyMax needed injectors.....AGAIN, for the 3rd time in 250K... at that point I was done with the Chevboschzuzu.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
She aligned and was told everything looks good. Had them do a once over and was told nothing was needed anytime soon mechanically. I tend to take peoples word seldomly but it’s nice to hear from someone trying to make money off you that all is good.
This thing drives damn f***ing good! Hand off wheel rolls straight, no rattles or anything weird. f*** ya! Only issue is the rear end still and getting fixed.
I know everyone has their hard minded choice of tires, so do I. After 3 sets with good luck Including my first 1st gen, I went with Yokohama Geolanders. Tall and skinny cause I live in snow county and not completely dumb lol.
finally got 6 wheels! Installing a couple of the wheel simulators now. Getting there!

View attachment 268834View attachment 268833
Looking like a real truck now

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Think I had around 40K on them when I sold it. They were still 50% or better. The DirtyMax needed injectors.....AGAIN, for the 3rd time in 250K... at that point I was done with the Chevboschzuzu.
So the tires outlive the injectors?

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure how "dry" your diesel is out there, but 99% of my old customers used Diesel Kleene in the silver bottle for added lubricity,less smoke and a higher Cetane value. Most got better mileage although it was only .5 up to 1 mpg better. Great looking truck!

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not sure how "dry" your diesel is out there, but 99% of my old customers used Diesel Kleene in the silver bottle for added lubricity,less smoke and a higher Cetane value. Most got better mileage although it was only .5 up to 1 mpg better. Great looking truck!
Ya I use that myself. May have been you years back that talked me into it. What ever you do don’t keep that crap in the cab especially if lid slightly loose. My camper van still needs windows down a year later.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Truck is at Cummins getting ready for double the power and a 700 rpm boost. Most of the shop was checking her out, pretty cool.

6F7418B3 1289 40BA A937 AFB5757AD412

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ya I use that myself. May have been you years back that talked me into it. What ever you do don’t keep that crap in the cab especially if lid slightly loose. My camper van still needs windows down a year later.
It's not quiet as bad as 90w but it does have a lingering odor! I used to keep a quart bottle bungied in the rear by the filler nozzle. Right next to my RR cross tie!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yours have the VE pump? I did that same mod to my Uglyummins, made it a much better driver.
Yup. Debated the p-pump because I have 2 could use but always like the way VE fires up instantly especially cold, and smokes less.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well no truck tonight as it’s at the performance shop so I went back to the camper.
Added a couple USB ports, 12v socket and voltage gauge. Took a bit to run wire as I had spot picked out next to the table. Added one by the bed to to charge while sleeping.
D248B7C9 E972 4A5C 8AAB 6C35E1435740

Would’ve bought new toilet but the truck taking all my money so I swapped toilet with our bus, it’s higher and better quality. Cleaned all up. s***ty job but someone has to do it. Plus I wanted family to not have to use someone else crapper. I’ll get new and swap back later.
05A21771 3BC0 4581 957E 93D1DAFD349B

And noticed faucet leaked just a little when on so replaced that with a new one.

D357AF4A C70E 4177 805C 3FD68B830751

Little nicer for no effort. Got a few plans here too. All in due time. Everything works great so that’s a real bonus. Nice little camper😊

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well no truck tonight as it’s at the performance shop so I went back to the camper.
Added a couple USB ports, 12v socket and voltage gauge. Took a bit to run wire as I had spot picked out next to the table. Added one by the bed to to charge while sleeping.
View attachment 268969

Would’ve bought new toilet but the truck taking all my money so I swapped toilet with our bus, it’s higher and better quality. Cleaned all up. s***ty job but someone has to do it. Plus I wanted family to not have to use someone else crapper. I’ll get new and swap back later.
View attachment 268966

And noticed faucet leaked just a little when on so replaced that with a new one.

View attachment 268965

Little nicer for no effort. Got a few plans here too. All in due time. Everything works great so that’s a real bonus. Nice little camper😊
I stayed with @Montcrestio and his wife in Colorado, you couldn't take a shower and run the the sink at the same time hooked up to a RV park water supply, I would change that crap out quickly!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I stayed with @Montcrestio and his wife in Colorado, you couldn't take a shower and run the the sink at the same time hooked up to a RV park water supply, I would change that crap out quickly!
I don’t understand what you’re meaning

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Picked up truck from my Cummins buddy today. He gave me a huge break, only charged 300 and that included installing a new 3200 rev governor spring and the Denny T fuel pin. Bumped fuel and boost. Also adjusted fuel timing and valves.
Can’t say yet how much it helped because rear end is still exploded but it took much less throttle pressure to baby it lol.
Had 2 different people very interested in the truck but he mentioned it’s absolutely not for sale however I was told that the one guy has ungodly amounts of cash.
She’s back at my work but had to head home so I’m back working on camper adding things tonight

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!