Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up truck from my Cummins buddy today. He gave me a huge break, only charged 300 and that included installing a new 3200 rev governor spring and the Denny T fuel pin. Bumped fuel and boost. Also adjusted fuel timing and valves.
Can’t say yet how much it helped because rear end is still exploded but it took much less throttle pressure to baby it lol.
Had 2 different people very interested in the truck but he mentioned it’s absolutely not for sale however I was told that the one guy has ungodly amounts of cash.
She’s back at my work but had to head home so I’m back working on camper adding things tonight
I'd price it 60k you can do it again ;)

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up truck from my Cummins buddy today. He gave me a huge break, only charged 300 and that included installing a new 3200 rev governor spring and the Denny T fuel pin. Bumped fuel and boost. Also adjusted fuel timing and valves.
Can’t say yet how much it helped because rear end is still exploded but it took much less throttle pressure to baby it lol.
Had 2 different people very interested in the truck but he mentioned it’s absolutely not for sale however I was told that the one guy has ungodly amounts of cash.
She’s back at my work but had to head home so I’m back working on camper adding things tonight
Makes you feel good though knowing there are peeps out there willing to throw you a stack of greenbacks for all your hard work.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My Ford buddy has fully turned I think. Can’t believe he’s even entertaining buying another for that kind of money but I guess it’s a really nice truck. I’m trying to talk him into higher mileage and just go through it to save a few grand. Still amazing to me they can be worth more then new, but they are still going up in value.

9EA3F90C E673 4546 97B9 6DBDC8901CF0

Last edited:
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was thinking more like $150k, $60k just wouldn’t be worth selling today when you look at how crazy expensive everything is.
I agree, know it’s worth a bit but It would take a lot more then that to sell. I don’t want to do it again and it wouldn’t be near as satisfying to have it built by some company for me if sold and wanted again. Bodyshop would probably be around 80k to have it built.
I get little satisfaction ordering up what I want, anyone with money can do that. Wrench time means something. In some way absolutely everything the family has started out different then when it was finished.

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree, know it’s worth a bit but It would take a lot more then that to sell. I don’t want to do it again and it wouldn’t be near as satisfying to have it built by some company for me if sold and wanted again. Bodyshop would probably be around 80k to have it built.
I get little satisfaction ordering up what I want, anyone with money can do that. Wrench time means something. In some way absolutely everything the family has started out different then when it was finished.
I hear that but you could probably build a shop and then build another one and come out way ahead ;)

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Call me crazy but I wouldn’t sell my p500 for 35000 Cause I think I have 40000 in it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Maybe u should set up a go fund me page for the next one.and a utube page or whatever.right now the man just wants to go camping
Lol. I posted the other before I read this. Nail on the head and hard on the camping part.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Mama wanted to drive the beast and well you all that know her know you don’t say no. Good news, she absolutely f***ing loves this truck. A more manly truck then most men nowadays want but she handled it awesome. Loves the steering the shifting and kept commenting on how solid the brakes are. She’s happy. Says whatever it takes do it!
First drive and even without door panels,everything still missing and broken rear end mama happy.
I married the right woman to love a manual dually first gen farm rig! Not many of them out there, she already said no issue with camper and trailer, she’ll run it🤗🤗
4FC4D947 D263 478C 91B0 72665A132F91

Back home safely after 35 mile ride, campfire underway. 6 days and counting...

92F0D4F8 B98C 43CE B28A 8826671E66A8

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!