Multi Curious on what age when you purchased your SxS?

Age when purchased SxS?

• Total voters
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I was 35 when I bought the P1K5 I was introduced to SxS by my wife's grandfather he had a special order Polaris Ranger the first time I rode with him he managed to get his F150 supercrew stuck I asked how are we going to get out and he pointed at the Ranger on the trailer. I mumbled yeah right but went along he hooked up the Ranger to the truck and started to push buttons and flip switches told me to go slow and don't let off the gas. I was astonished when I pulled the truck out of the mud right then I knew I had to have one. Fast forward 6 years I was finally financially stable enough to buy one I researched for two months and concluded the Honda fit all my needs to work and play

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
53 on our new Honda but I grew up on dirt bikes. Spent a bit of time on 3 wheelers and had a couple Honda Odysseys but always seemed to go back to dirt bikes

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just bought mine today at age 55. had 2 4 wheelers
Welcome @MSmillie and congrats on the purchase. Picture? This forum is a goldmine of info. Check out the free decales on the home page. (@Hondasxs also has nice shirts and stuff).

Reactions: MSmillie and sharp
M

MSmillie

Oct 13, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome @MSmillie and congrats on the purchase. Picture? This forum is a goldmine of info. Check out the free decales on the home page. (@Hondasxs also has nice shirts and stuff).
Thanks Mudder

Reactions: sharp
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
36 y/o. Dec of '16. Drug it home, watched is sit in garage at 1.6miles for 6 months before I could drive it again.

J

jrv97240

Jul 19, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Bought at 28, have owned well over 50 ATVs and golf carts (I buy/repair/resell). Decided the Pioneer could take the place of an ATV and a Golf Cart and free up some much needed space in the garage. Had a good year buying/selling so was able to purchase with cash from profits made this year.

2017 Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
28 when I bought my first p5. 31 when I bought my second one. Had ATVs throughout my whole childhood. They were s***ty Polaris machines then my dad finally saw the light and started buying Honda lol. Stuck with them ever since.

Reactions: sharp and Mudder
I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
26 when I got a p500. First loan I took out on any type of vehicle. The next year I upgraded to the 1000-5. I've always had a Honda dirtbike. Had a couple Honda fourwheelers also.

Reactions: sharp and Mudder
Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
I was 75... over 2 years ago. Had to get away from m/c's at 73 due to medical conditions. But like other old codgers, I've ridden my Hawg all over these beautiful United States of America; 200,000+ miles. Best days of my life, bar none.

Unlike most others on here though, my P500 is used primarily for farm and forest duty. Love it.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I was 22 when I bought my first atv. I was 30 when I bought my first SxS. An 06 Rhino 660. Sold it and my Grizzly 700 when I was 32 and bought the P5. Then this year, at age 33, I got the P1k5 as well. Love utv’s but I do miss the nimble quickness of an atv. Who knows, Yamaha sticks their new 850 in the grizz I may get one. Unless Honda shoe horns the 1000 into a four wheeler! Or actually releases the Talon before I’m 50.

M

MattM

Apr 13, 2017
Pittsburgh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Age 39, first SXS: Always had dirt bikes and wanted a SXS for family recreation. We have enjoyed this outdoor activity and will continue for the years to come.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
was about 25 when I got my first RZR. would have got a P500 at the time. Have had others since, but now that the kids are getting old enough to ride, i got my 700-4 last november, then sold it this year and got the 1000-5 at age 32. If it wasnt for the kids, not sure this is what i would have picked for my riding style. Probably would have been a wolverine R-Spec. Love my 1000-5 though for what it is

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Too many bills to pay when I was younger. Couldn't justify the expense. Now the mortgage isn't hanging over my head and its time to play abit more. Sxs, boat, new truck, toy hauler... you get the picture!
PS: 56 yrs old when I bought the P5. Still have Honda quads ( x 15 yrs ).

Last edited:
FLNative

FLNative

Jul 21, 2017
FL
Ownership

1. 500
Hey - I turned 61 and decided the sugarsand was wearing me out in the Ocala NF on my WR250R. Also the age thing wore on me, after working many years to get where I have the time to play and travel, didn't want to wreck that with two wheels. Love the P5 so far, just did my first oil change, adjust shift, and extend gas tank breather line. Piece of cake, actually was fun.

C

Crwh45

Nov 3, 2016
Greene, N.Y.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
31, more of a need to bring the fiancé. She does have her own wheeler, but nice to booze cruise, plus do a lot of wood and projects around the house. All the buddies have RZRs or something sporty, I like being the outcast and different. Still have a few quads, dirtbikes, motorcycle, and some other things to ride. But something about wearing shorts in the heat and not getting scraped up by thorns or branches is very appealing. Plus I can vouch it holds two full kegs of beer.....

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Just curious poll. Seen many posts on owners choice to go with a SxS, many of whom switched to or added a SxS after ATV/motorcycle. With me it was age, a desire to ride together, and a good fit of a machine for what I wanted. 10 motorcycles, 3 wheeler and ATVs, and FJ 40 in past.
Rode dirt bikes, three wheelers, and snowmobiles when I was 10 till late teens. Got invited to HM trails a little over a year ago, and decided on a sxs for the trip cus, knowing my driving habits, I would have died on anything else.... The P500 is the most fun I've had with my pants on in many years.... ;)

R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMG 1055
25 I sold my ATV a couple years before and was doing all my trail running on my daily driver (2007 FJ Cruiser). I decided I needed a new toy that would allow me to bring the girlfriend and camping gear and not make getting to work difficult if I decided to bite off more than I could chew and broke something.

Plus it will work way better to plow my driveway then the plow I had on my lawnmower.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!