Multi Curious on what age when you purchased your SxS?

Age when purchased SxS?

• Total voters
K

KonaLance

Apr 17, 2017
Kailua Kona, HI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lifetime of motorcycles, never got into 3 or 4 wheelers, but this made so much sense. Bought the 1000-5 at 55 years young

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and Mudder
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just curious poll. Seen many posts on owners choice to go with a SxS, many of whom switched to or added a SxS after ATV/motorcycle. With me it was age, a desire to ride together, and a good fit of a machine for what I wanted. 10 motorcycles, 3 wheeler and ATVs, and FJ 40 in past.

Some good stories and posts here, thanks to all for participating!
Back in the late 70's mid 80's raced Motocross, Hare Scrambles and Enduro's. Then the first of two boy's came along, racing just didn't fit any more. So about three years ago, bought a 1974 CR 250 a built it from the ground up, great bike, just way too fast for me, I'm to old to be riding rocket ships, HA!

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Raced desert back in the early 70's then had kids. Nuff said lol

Now empty nesters, went with can am then bought the P1k5-LE at 67
And loving it back in the desert

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Back in the late 70's mid 80's raced Motocross, Hare Scrambles and Enduro's. Then the first of two boy's came along, racing just didn't fit any more. So about three years ago, bought a 1974 CR 250 a built it from the ground up, great bike, just way too fast for me, I'm to old to be riding rocket ships, HA!
When I decided to sell the CR I was going to buy a more docile dirt bike made for the woods, a Beta 300 X Trainer, got to thinking about it and wanted to include my wife in my adventures, Both were $ 20,000.00, the little Devil on my left shoulder was saying, go for the dirt bike, the little Angle on my right shoulder was saying, go for the S x S. Looked into my wife eyes that night and went for the S x S

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Raced desert back in the early 70's then had kids. Nuff said lol

Now empty nesters, went with can am then bought the P1k5-LE at 67
And loving it back in the desert
I would love to go riding in the desert day and night especially night!

Reactions: Jimmy-AZ and sharp
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
56 when i got mine. I keep telling my 87 year old dad to get one. He says "no they're for old people I'm sticking to my four wheeler." Haha
Moms 85 she wants one. :)
With a name like “Miss” I would have put money on you being in your 30,s

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
With a name like “Miss” I would have put money on you being in your 30,s

Haha actually when I joined my name was "oak". I only chose that name because my buggy was parked by an oak tree in my first avatar and i couldnt think of anything else. Then one day @rocmar called me bro. Another member told him I was a female and he felt so bad for calling me bro. It didnt bother me in the least!!! Haha But he was so apologetic and so sweet about it. He thought maybe i could be "miss" oak so everyone would know I was a female… So here I am, miss oak. Hahaha
BTW thanks roc, i like it. :)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Haha actually when I joined my name was "oak". I only chose that name because my buggy was parked by an oak tree in my first avatar and i couldnt think of anything else. Then one day @rocmar called me bro. Another member told him I was a female and he felt so bad for calling me bro. It didnt bother me in the least!!! Haha But he was so apologetic and so sweet about it. He thought maybe i could be "miss" oak so everyone would know I was a female… So here I am, miss oak. Hahaha
BTW thanks roc, i like it. :)
And we all thought it was because you were sturdy! Did white Lightning ( member) get a hold of you?

Reactions: sharp and Miss_Oak
D

Deanb

Mar 26, 2016
Stonyplain
Just curious poll. Seen many posts on owners choice to go with a SxS, many of whom switched to or added a SxS after ATV/motorcycle. With me it was age, a desire to ride together, and a good fit of a machine for what I wanted. 10 motorcycles, 3 wheeler and ATVs, and FJ 40 in past.

Some good stories and posts here, thanks to all for participating!
55. But I still own a quad. I love the warmth of the side by side for hunting and being able to haul a whole moose back in one trip

Reactions: sharp and swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!