P700 Custom made stereo, speakers, and back up lights.

No1hedberg

No1hedberg

Nov 8, 2015
After a few weeks with my new P700-4 I decided I wanted to add some lights, and sound. I priced some of the sound systems. Everything from Bluetooth sound bars to marine setups. I was floored by the prices so I decided to build my own overhead stereo I built a box to fit a Sony single din receiver that I already had and sides to fit a pair of kicker 5 1/4 in two way speakers. I also mounted an interior dome light from a Ford Explorer to the bottom of the overhead Console.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
It's kinda hard to get a good picture installed. More to come.

No1hedberg

No1hedberg

Nov 8, 2015
Then I made a pair of speaker cans for a pir of Kicker 6.5s. They are really slim, and mount out of the way.
I'm thinking of making a few more sets if anyone is interested. They are smooth. Like in the installed picture. I'm waiting for my braided wire loom to get here so I can clean things up a little better.
Image Image

No1hedberg

No1hedberg

Nov 8, 2015
Because of the time change, it gets dark early, and I need my Pioneer in the evenings. You can't see anything behind these machines in the dark, so I decided my first light project would be back up lights. After lots of consideration I decided on these. http://www.amazon.com/KAWELL®-K5-5012-9-32V-Degree-Waterproof/dp/B00NPPNKTU/?tag=sxsweb24-20 I purchased them a few bucks cheaper on feebay from a supposed American seller, it took 10 to 12 days to get here so I wouldn't recommend them. I mounted them on my tailgate for the cleanest possible install. I also used a mictuning led rocker switch and relay harness. The tailgate is very thin where I chose to mount them so fishing the wire was a little tough, but I think it was worth the effort.

Image Image

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks nice! That sure beats spending all that money on the store bought units. Unbelievable what those cost! How much do you have in to this?

Reactions: JTW
No1hedberg

No1hedberg

Nov 8, 2015
Not much really. $90 for the speakers. $25 for the relay harness and switch, $35 for the lights, maybe $20 for odds and ends.

Reactions: Tflynn
d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Very nice, great idea's.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Really like your backup light install. I ordered three....the extra one is going to be a very bright interior light....maybe!o_O
Thanks for your post!

No1hedberg

No1hedberg

Nov 8, 2015
...the extra one is going to be a very bright interior light....maybe!o_O
Thanks for your post!

I thought about that too. I have an Explorer I'm parting out for my 69 Bronco project so I used an interior light from it mounted to the bottom of my overhead stereo console I built. It has LED bulbs in it so it's pretty bright.

No1hedberg

No1hedberg

Nov 8, 2015
Santa brought me mirrors, HID headlights, and a 12in. LED light bar. Thanks to Cummins for tip on the HIDs. Best $25 ever. You can see the difference in the pics. Passenger side HID driver side stock. ImageImage

Reactions: AndrewsSeed
A

A-ARON

Sep 14, 2016
Little Rock, AR
Ownership

1. 700-2
Santa brought me mirrors, HID headlights, and a 12in. LED light bar. Thanks to Cummins for tip on the HIDs. Best $25 ever. You can see the difference in the pics. Passenger side HID driver side stock. View attachment 8353View attachment 8354
Santa brought me mirrors, HID headlights, and a 12in. LED light bar. Thanks to Cummins for tip on the HIDs. Best $25 ever. You can see the difference in the pics. Passenger side HID driver side stock. View attachment 8353View attachment 8354

I know this is an old thread, but I tried searching for the HID post to no avail. What is the $25 HID hack?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!