P1000 D Rings for the Front of P1000-5D

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
For whatever it's worth to anyone, the warthog is retiring in Alaska. We're trading quite a few for more technical jets for air fighting.

It's funny, the warthog isn't being replaced because of a dated design, or any particular problem, but just because warfare theory has changed and we don't need that kind of firepower. There isn't really anything that does what a warthog does.

We are trading one of the best planes ever made, in favor of something that flys a little better, because we don't have many tanks driving through the ocean

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
For whatever it's worth to anyone, the warthog is retiring in Alaska. We're trading quite a few for more technical jets for air fighting.

It's funny, the warthog isn't being replaced because of a dated design, or any particular problem, but just because warfare theory has changed and we don't need that kind of firepower. There isn't really anything that does what a warthog does.

We are trading one of the best planes ever made, in favor of something that flys a little better, because we don't have many tanks driving through the ocean

Yes and it sucks! I love that plane. It's the only one man plane we have. There still flying out of Salfrege in Michigan. There still flying maneuvers over my cottage in northern michigan daily. Hopefully it keeps up. That gun in person reving up puts chills down your spine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jshell3

Always a favorite of mine.

The sound alone

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Always a favorite of mine.

The sound alone

The delayed report.
( sorry for hijacking this thread )
Carry on men!

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 41708
I put these on. Fairly strong for the most part. I hate rattles, so I put a pice of thin rubber with a self sticking backing behind the ring. Works great. I also painted them with 4 coats of a silver appliance enamel then some clear coat to harden them and be chip free.

I find spray on bed liner works pretty good. Seems to quiet down the rattles from the d-ring quite a lot.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I find spray on bed liner works pretty good. Seems to quiet down the rattles from the d-ring quite a lot.

Good idea

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got mine from Tractor Supply. Can't remember price exactly but was less than 10 bucks. Strong as any out there.
View attachment 41375
Delton and JTW....I see this is an old thread, but am also thinking the TSC D-rings. I saw on another thread that an owner got 1 3/4" exhaust clamps that went around his bumper tubes and the d-ring bolted straight to the clamps. I don't know if this makes sense---if it does make sense, would that work? Seems awful easy that way.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Delton and JTW....I see this is an old thread, but am also thinking the TSC D-rings. I saw on another thread that an owner got 1 3/4" exhaust clamps that went around his bumper tubes and the d-ring bolted straight to the clamps. I don't know if this makes sense---if it does make sense, would that work? Seems awful easy that way.
I wouldn’t trust that to hold much at all. Especially if you’re using steel rope on your winch that can stretch and release energy like a rubber band.

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn’t trust that to hold much at all. Especially if you’re using steel rope on your winch that can stretch and release energy like a rubber band.
Good copy. I'll trust your knowledge. How about bolting the TSC d-rings to the bumper like JTW did?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We used plate steel and cut holes in face of bumper then welded bumper face and to the rear bumper mount. Also used a larger hole in the plate steel then the Warn d-ring bolt and placed rubber hose in that so no rattling. A little more work but they are very solid.
42D48952 AC79 4FA9 BA65 A7B6E39D591D 7D5531D1 29EE 4B99 AC31 D598DEE6E6C3
C3FAE5E3 F75C 42F4 8C78 28A6434CD7A0

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was since given a pair of clevis mounts that bolt on.. they look like CP’s but are tapped and bolt through. I’ll take a pic of the box for you.
Just recently I ran across those. Those look nice

Reactions: JTW
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was since given a pair of clevis mounts that bolt on.. they look like CP’s but are tapped and bolt through. I’ll take a pic of the box for you.
Pretty please and thank you:D

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not a welder and have minimal resources available when I return home, so keep it simple. I do have the ability to mount them like JTW, though.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

I'm not a welder and have minimal resources available when I return home, so keep it simple. I do have the ability to mount them like JTW, though.
I’ll link the what I would use if I were doing it today.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We used plate steel and cut holes in face of bumper then welded bumper face and to the rear bumper mount. Also used a larger hole in the plate steel then the Warn d-ring bolt and placed rubber hose in that so no rattling. A little more work but they are very solid.
View attachment 100294 View attachment 100293
View attachment 100295

Well CP If you're gonna get all fancy heres what I upgraded to after the TSC D-Rings.
Theres 4Bolts through each plate and then two threaded into the shackle mount itself.
Backer plate matches the front and is ¼" thick.

P1000m5 - Rock Donkey

I had the TSC d-rings and they worked well with no deformation of the bumper but I never put a full double line pull on it with just the TSC D-rings.

Reactions: JTW and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!