P1000 Dale's P1000-5 build

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
only 10.7 hours on it. I bought the hard roof Hard rear panel,glass windshield and installed them today and took it for a ride!!!

today was a pretty warm day and with the windshield and roof and rear panel installed It was kinda hot!!!
I noticed a lot of heat blowing through the steering wheel slot and both gear shifter slots it was like having heat on full blast!! good for winter bad for summer so I guess I will be removing windshield and rear panel for summer!! also heat coming from back of seat where bottom meets top part of seat (seat crack lol)

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
IMG 1204

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pct and joeymt33
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
only 10.7 hours on it. I bought the hard roof Hard rear panel,glass windshield and installed them today and took it for a ride!!!

today was a pretty warm day and with the windshield and roof and rear panel installed It was kinda hot!!!
I noticed a lot of heat blowing through the steering wheel slot and both gear shifter slots it was like having heat on full blast!! good for winter bad for summer so I guess I will be removing windshield and rear panel for summer!! also heat coming from back of seat where bottom meets top part of seat (seat crack lol)
yep, I'm looking into ways to insulate that seat crack for summer!

Reactions: pct
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
not a chance I have to get a different set up for the summer 2 hot for sure tons of heat blowing out from dash etc because of the low pressure in the cabin!!!! good news real good for cold weather amazing how much air stays out I was going 60 and it felt like less air than having the windows down in a car SERIOUSLY

Reactions: JACKAL
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
thats fine with me Ill see how it does with just the windshield or just the mid panel to see if I can get away with leaving one or the other... leave the windshield if I can for mud and dirt protection if I can if not ill try just leaving the hard rear panel for convince of out and in isn't the easiest but not to bad. If I have to I have no problem hoping them both in late fall and put in the spring!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
not a chance I have to get a different set up for the summer 2 hot for sure tons of heat blowing out from dash etc because of the low pressure in the cabin!!!! good news real good for cold weather amazing how much air stays out I was going 60 and it felt like less air than having the windows down in a car SERIOUSLY

I agree, I am super impressed at how the glass windshield and hard rear panel work together in keeping wind off of the front seating of the cabin. I open the sliding glass panel and it allows in fresh air so it doesn't get so warm. But that is a no go in dusty situations because it will suck it right in if open.

Reactions: dale5740
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
u think u can handle summer heat with them installed... I don't know if I can this is all your fault if I wasn't trying to copy off of u this never would have happened lmao just kidding glad I did this will be a real nice winter set up regardless and I plow a lot so good to go. If I have to Ill go commando in the summer no problem thats what I'm used to on my ranger 700 xp anyways. Normally Im not running with bunch of people and also normally if I am I'm up front anyway.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
u think u can handle summer heat with them installed... I don't know if I can this is all your fault if I wasn't trying to copy off of u this never would have happened lmao just kidding glad I did this will be a real nice winter set up regardless and I plow a lot so good to go. If I have to Ill go commando in the summer no problem thats what I'm used to on my ranger 700 xp anyways. Normally Im not running with bunch of people and also normally if I am I'm up front anyway.

I think it will be fine even in the summer, you really notice the heat because of the cooler air temps it is more pronounced. When it's 90+ degrees with 80% humidity you are already hot, any air from movement will feel cool. The only thing Honda could have offered to make the glass windshield better would have been to let it tip out at the bottom like the tip out on the P500. You can crack it open even in the rain and you get air coming it so it don't fog up and you also stay dry, best of both worlds.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I definitely noticed the extra weight of the glass windshield! not that it is bad at all but could notice. also noticed hi rev of engine and rpm range higher at high speeds pushing all that air with windshield. although still impressed damn thing still went 63 and had more left in it on flat ground pushing all that air. Maybe rpm was louder with hard panel and windshield either way still bad ass.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
for sure going to give it a go in the summer and see how it goes but I'm a cold person so Id much rather be cold than hot. Honda doesn't offer AC yet??????? lol

advertisement
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
just got the bussman u recommended in a lot bigger in real life but looks quality!! so what type stuff u put on the fused only and what stuff on relay? I have to figure it out haven't got that far yet. I was hoping that they had mixed it up a little like a couple fused only 15's and 30's then a couple 15 and 30's relayed not sure if that is ness or not I have to go take a closer look at your stuff and threads when it comes down to it I already read through it all once a lot of good info there have to read it a couple times to let it sink in a bit thanks a lot for all your info u post people like u are extremely valuable to this site and help a crap load of people even thousands of non members I'm sure!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
for sure going to give it a go in the summer and see how it goes but I'm a cold person so Id much rather be cold than hot. Honda doesn't offer AC yet??????? lol

I was just going to use an AC unit off of a smart fortwo:
Smart fortwo red look

Reactions: pct and CashMoney
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
just got the bussman u recommended in a lot bigger in real life but looks quality!! so what type stuff u put on the fused only and what stuff on relay? I have to figure it out haven't got that far yet. I was hoping that they had mixed it up a little like a couple fused only 15's and 30's then a couple 15 and 30's relayed not sure if that is ness or not I have to go take a closer look at your stuff and threads when it comes down to it I already read through it all once a lot of good info there have to read it a couple times to let it sink in a bit thanks a lot for all your info u post people like u are extremely valuable to this site and help a crap load of people even thousands of non members I'm sure!!

Regarding the Cooper Bussman Power Distribution Module I am running the following:

On the 15 amp fused only lines:
1. 12" LED Light bar 120 watt
2. Four 4" LED Pod flood lights (two front & two rear facing)
3. USB ports (4 total_ 3.1 amps per pair
4. GPS
5. - unused

On the 30 amp fused / 35 amp relay lines:
1. 40" 400 watt LED light bar
2. MTX MUDSYS 46" Sound bar 280 watts
3. Twin compressor air horn (came with 30 amp rely from mfg.)
4. - will add seat heaters next fall
5. - unused

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
makes sense now no need to relay the 15 amp circuits etc thanks helped a lot
do u have some keyed and some full time power? and I need to find a way to have reverse lights come on when in reverse I assume easy to use backup alarm harness then I want to add a override so I can have them come on when not in reverse also for instance stacking wood in trailer and need some light back there etc what did u do with that type deal or do u not have any auto back up lights only switched?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
makes sense now no need to relay the 15 amp circuits etc thanks helped a lot
do u have some keyed and some full time power? and I need to find a way to have reverse lights come on when in reverse I assume easy to use backup alarm harness then I want to add a override so I can have them come on when not in reverse also for instance stacking wood in trailer and need some light back there etc what did u do with that type deal or do u not have any auto back up lights only switched?

Just mount two 18W LED pod light on the back with a switch then you can have them on anytime not just in reverse. Mounted these through the M6 bolts where the upper nets brackets are welded to the ROPS works perfectly. About $25 a pair on Amazon.
20160106 213818

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
My problem is in winter time I need them to only come on when in reverse for plowing can't leave them on all the time and can't keep flicking them in every time I back up but then when riding I want to be able to turn them on and leave them on for obvious reasons!! also handy to have them pop on quick when reverse is activated for instance going up a real big hill in dark then can't make it find reverse to head down backwards fast don't have time to hunt for a switch etc. so I was going to use the back up alarm harness that honda offers but use for lights then try and tap into that with a full time switch to give power when not in reverse but not sure how to do that..

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
maybe Ill do 2 sets of pods in back one for auto in reverse and one switched got to figure it out

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!