BOX1

Dear Honda

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello Honda, hurry up with that photo shoot and ship my machine!!!!!

Reactions: Biteme
Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. With the exception of turf mode being "one wheel drive". What turf mode does is allow the rear diff to operate as an open diff, meaning torque can be biased between the two wheels as needed by different wheel speed demands. The only vehicles with "1 wheel drive" are bikes, motorcycles, and powerwheels toys.
And 99% of your cars and trucks without positive track rearends unless they are front wheel drives in which case they are 99% 1 wheel drive on the front

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
And 99% of your cars and trucks without positive track rearends unless they are front wheel drives in which case they are 99% 1 wheel drive on the front
They have open diffs, not "one wheel drive".

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Now pick one wheel off the ground and see which one spins when you apply power... aka, one wheel drive
A wheel that is spinning in the air isn't "driving" anything, but I figured I was wasting my time anyway...

Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A wheel that is spinning in the air isn't "driving" anything, but I figured I was wasting my time anyway...
Was trying to get you to understand that with an open differential if you have one wheel lose traction you are no longer applying power through the other wheel, ergo the same result a one wheel drive without traction.... no movement. One of the reasons I purchased a P1K, turf mode.... ergo open differential.

Reactions: CID
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Was trying to get you to understand that with an open differential if you have one wheel lose traction you are no longer applying power through the other wheel, ergo the same result a one wheel drive without traction.... no movement. One of the reasons I purchased a P1K, turf mode.... ergo open differential.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!