P1000 Deep in snow

Peking_Duck

Peking_Duck

Jul 30, 2016
Clifton Forge, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
can't wait for a good storm here in va.....we have a couple of inches last weekend but not enough to play. Past couple of winters have been rough in February for us in va....hopefully we'll see some decent snow so I can test out the beast....

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 8463 View attachment 8464 View attachment 8451 Soooo. We went up up to the woods for our Christmas it's something we do every year now we go up with family and friends. In years past there hasn't been much snow. This year was different the camp we stay at wasn't able to plow the 7/8 mile up to the cabin and said it might be accessible by snowmobile (which we had but wouldn't have gone in with all the stops on the hill because of fallen trees) but nothing else. When we arrived we found out just how bad it was my wife went to get keys and some dry wood from the owners who are very big with Polaris and can-am. They told her not to go up the road with the sxs they wouldn't dream of attempting but after she drove through their backyard of over two feet to grab a pickup box of wood without a slip they said maybe. We got the gate open and started. It's about a 14-16 grade all uphill for nearly a mile over 15 downed trees lots of bushes really messed up it took us all with saws and the Honda 4 hours to make it well we did! Minimum snow was a little over 2 feet but the snow drifts were really deep I realized how much I preferred manual going up this. We had to back up several times and pound the nose into it headlight deep at times never got stuck just kept going. The owners and everyone else including me were surprised. Everyone said they would have gone through multiple belts to even attempt it. Love this machine!!! Incredible Honda. Oh and by the way the radiator was packed the whole way uphill revving hard in 1st and idling so we had lights and tunes loaded from the downed trees and never over two bars on temp! Pulled a loaded trailer pulled a Tahoe sideways from the road two vehicles from the ditch I beet the hell out of it did everything I could find that make people cringe! Love this machine! Everyone that's holding out on it... Buy one and empress your Polaris buddies.View attachment 8452 View attachment 8453 View attachment 8454 View attachment 8455 View attachment 8456
That's awesome!!! I hate to beat a dead horse but I have to ask, in all that snow did you get get a lot of wheel hopp while spinning as you broke trail?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's awesome!!! I hate to beat a dead horse but I have to ask, in all that snow did you get get a lot of wheel hopp while spinning as you broke trail?

I don't remember any in that vehicle. It was too deep to just drive through so wed have to back up and keep hitting it sometimes a ways and sometimes only a few feet. There wasn't much spinning though because I didn't want stuck and if I feel one bogging down I let off back up and go again.
My current one will wheel hop if spinning but not as bad as you say yours is doing. My buddy's s up north doesn't seem to where mine would but seems to be fairly common.
I'm kind of done talking clutches lol but I don't think yours is clutch related however I do think the hopping will be very hard on components including clutches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't remember any in that vehicle. It was too deep to just drive through so wed have to back up and keep hitting it sometimes a ways and sometimes only a few feet. There wasn't much spinning though because I didn't want stuck and if I feel one bogging down I let off back up and go again.
My current one will wheel hop if spinning but not as bad as you say yours is doing. My buddy's s up north doesn't seem to where mine would but seems to be fairly common.
I'm kind of done talking clutches lol but I don't think yours is clutch related however I do think the hopping will be very hard on components including clutches.

Yeah. I hear ya on the same conversations about clutches. Just trying to get a little info before my warranty runs out. Didn't know if the 5 seaters had the same issue. Don't get me wrong. I love almost everything about my machine. This transmission is just new to me that's all. Thanks for the reply.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah. I hear ya on the same conversations about clutches. Just trying to get a little info before my warranty runs out. Didn't know if the 5 seaters had the same issue. Don't get me wrong. I love almost everything about my machine. This transmission is just new to me that's all. Thanks for the reply.

@Upstatefreedom Here's mine jumping some. This was the only video I noticed it so I thought I'd show you. I really try to keep it from doing that It was really deep up in here though, we were way up and turned back down.

Last edited:
advertisement
Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Upstatefreedom Here's mine jumping some. This was the only video I noticed it so I thought I'd show you. I really try to keep it from doing that It was really deep up in here though, we were way up and turned back down.

Great video. Love riding in those conditions. I did see a little jumping there. When we had a lot of snow mine would start jumping so bad it was hard to see straight. Lol. I try not to let it do it but.... thanks for the responding video. Glad I'm not the only one. Haha. Btw. Love all your post!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Great video. Love riding in those conditions. I did see a little jumping there. When we had a lot of snow mine would start jumping so bad it was hard to see straight. Lol. I try not to let it do it but.... thanks for the responding video. Glad I'm not the only one. Haha. Btw. Love all your post!

Absolutely

Reactions: sharp
Murph

Murph

Jun 16, 2016
Pinetop/Lakeside Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just took mine out yesterday for the real snow. Had zero problems pulling kids and adults in sleds through 18" of fresh powder on mountain trails. Well let me state the true facts. Started the day of on a trail already traveled. After I passed all the other vehicles stuck or turning around then for the next hour we where on cherry snow.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Just took mine out yesterday for the real snow. Had zero problems pulling kids and adults in sleds through 18" of fresh powder on mountain trails. Well let me state the true facts. Started the day of on a trail already traveled. After I passed all the other vehicles stuck or turning around then for the next hour we where on cherry snow.
Can we see some pics?;)

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great v
Great video CP! Your machine sounds absolutely incredible. What did you do to obtain that throaty sound, and doe the snorkel partly attribute to it? All I know it sounds way better than my stock machine. And I wish I would have seen the video and posting before I started my thread thinking it could have been a clutch issue, as I know everyone in this group is sick of discussing that subject, lol. Would have eased my mind a bit. Either way, glad I came across it as I never would have heard how bad ass that machine sounds.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Great v

Great video CP! Your machine sounds absolutely incredible. What did you do to obtain that throaty sound, and doe the snorkel partly attribute to it? All I know it sounds way better than my stock machine. And I wish I would have seen the video and posting before I started my thread thinking it could have been a clutch issue, as I know everyone in this group is sick of discussing that subject, lol. Would have eased my mind a bit. Either way, glad I came across it as I never would have heard how bad ass that machine sounds.

Snorkel it! It's safer and it sounds cool! This is the @joeymt33 setup I love it. I think many are getting the same issues when in snow. Sounds common.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!