WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My least favorite part of getting ready for deer season is trimming limbs. Got me to thinking what does everyone use to conquer this task? This go round I'm using a Sawzall with 6" wood blade, a Waggin Tail powered 6' long pole saw and a stihl chainsaw for the bigger stuff. I usually leave the limbs laying and will get them up with the bobcat and 4n1 bucket. My land is mostly a 20 year old cutover with natural growth so it's aggravating keeping all my trails cut back. Sometimes I just push stuff back with the bobcat but some trails I don't want to do that.

So do y'all have any special equipment you use? Or just the small tools? A bobcat with a mulching attachment sure would be nice.

If I trimmed all my trails at once it would probably take me 5 days or so to complete. I try to cut enough to last about 3 years and alternate trails from year to year so I don't have to do it all at once.
20210906 085917

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you can't tell @Backwoods are starting to get a little ansy!
Yes I am looking forward to this season. I slacked off for a while but I'm ready again. I want to top my personal best . This was him. I hunt our hayfields and most shots are long this was a measured 139 yard shot w / 300 Weatherby 180 grain Nosler partition bullet . This year I bought a .308 much gentler to shoot sighted in my normal 200yds. It likes a 150 grain best.

20151113 180552

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm back home for now.

Had good hunt this morning. I was sitting just down hill from a cedar thicket on top of ridge. It is a good 150 yards away. Bucks are almost like clock work coming from that cedar thicket. It has happened way to many times to be a coincidence. When there is a wind and they can not scent check it. They we come down hill to see what is going on. This is only happens when it is quite and undisturbed. When gun season starts you can hang it up. Not happening.

But, anyway. I was sitting there enjoying a cool 45°morning. It was about 9:00. Thought to myself it is about time. Well, at 9:10 I take a peek over my shoulder and there stands a decent 8 point. About time I hit tactacam button he looks up when it buzzes to come on. We lock eyes at about 10 yards. I'm dead still for about minute. He makes his next move being unsure because of my cover. He walks to down wind side. I turn my head just in time to see him scent checking air. About time we lock eyes again inside 10 yards. He decided enough and leaves.
That was it this morning.

Saturday through Monday was rather uneventful but very enjoyable.

Suppose warm back up starting about Friday morning. Well up into 80's for highs and mid 60's for lows with small rain chances. That will wind down my week.
I live to release an arrow and watch woods grow into chaos and then grow quite as a mouse in just seconds.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!