P1000 Delton's painfully slow build

X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I love the snorkel. Mainly cause it doesn't stick out both visually and physically. It's tucked behind passenger head rest. I'm going to extend it up to the roof and have the fittings do a U-turn over the rollbar. I worry about the water and mud those front tires throwing up. Well worth the money IMO.
Thanks for the info, I have parts on order to make one. Thanks again.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No problem happy to help. I got tired of trying to find the right kind of hose and just bought this one. If I still had my last job as maint supervisor, I could've easily found it. I had several vendors that would've gladly looked for me until it was found lol. Haven't had anything new lately to report as far as my build goes. Will be installing a Strongmade front bumper soon as it arrives. I'm still gonna build my own but just can't find the time here lately.

Reactions: Tot
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the Strongmade front bumper mounted but didn't take any pics (it was late and I left phone in the house). I have mixed opinions about it after getting it on there. I LOVE the look! It has testosterone written all over it. Seeing that sucker bearing down on you in the rearview would intimidate just about anyone lol. But I'm not a fan of the overall look. It looks like it was added on to the stocker. I realize that's actually the case, but they could've done a better job of hiding the stock one in my opinion. Sometime in the near future, I can see me making a hybrid between the two.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Got the Strongmade front bumper mounted but didn't take any pics (it was late and I left phone in the house). I have mixed opinions about it after getting it on there. I LOVE the look! It has testosterone written all over it. Seeing that sucker bearing down on you in the rearview would intimidate just about anyone lol. But I'm not a fan of the overall look. It looks like it was added on to the stocker. I realize that's actually the case, but they could've done a better job of hiding the stock one in my opinion. Sometime in the near future, I can see me making a hybrid between the two.
You should make one like the Tough Country just a little lighter lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should make one like the Tough Country just a little lighter lol

I love the look of the strongmade. I'm either gonna make one from scratch or use my spare stock and marry the two. I can cut off the stock parts that protrude and weld the strongmade to it. That thing is wicked looking IMO.

Reactions: Tot and joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here it is from the good looking view point lol
IMG 20160609 122603083 HDR 800x450

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tot
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finished product which I'm happy with. For now lol. Love the easy access to the winch. I also installed the new cable and installed a cable stopper.
IMG 20160609 135513027 800x450

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I intend to drill out the rivets holding on the Strongmade plate. If they want advertising, I'm gonna need to be paid lol.

Reactions: ghost and Tot
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got around to mounting the corded remote for winch. In case the wireless one ever craps out on me.
IMG 20160609 154647469 800x450

Reactions: Tot and joeymt33
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Too bad she's not a trailer queen. That tire shine looks pretty good on there lol.View attachment 16589
I bought some Eagle One interior detailing spray and it does a pretty good job shinning things up and making the whole rig easier to wash off. I've washed mine 4-5 times since the last time and the plastics are starting to show the water marks more, but still looks good.

Reactions: Delton
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I love the look of the strongmade. I'm either gonna make one from scratch or use my spare stock and marry the two. I can cut off the stock parts that protrude and weld the strongmade to it. That thing is wicked looking IMO.
Make one from Aluminum and coat it with bedliner, light and tough.

Reactions: Tot and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make one from Aluminum and coat it with bedliner, light and tough.
Oh yeah! That'd be the ultimate bumper right there. If I could get prettier welds out of my Miller I just might attempt it. It welds aluminum great with the spool gun but making them pretty is hit or miss. I made intercooler piping for my Neon out of aluminum couple years ago just to see if I could. It didn't look too bad, but it wasn't visible to the public and it was 1/4" wall so little on the heavy side. By the way, I blame you Jackal for forcing me to buy this bumper lol. Cause it looked so dang good on your rig lol. I know you get this alot, but you're a bad influence lol.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Oh yeah! That'd be the ultimate bumper right there. If I could get prettier welds out of my Miller I just might attempt it. It welds aluminum great with the spool gun but making them pretty is hit or miss. I made intercooler piping for my Neon out of aluminum couple years ago just to see if I could. It didn't look too bad, but it wasn't visible to the public and it was 1/4" wall so little on the heavy side. By the way, I blame you Jackal for forcing me to buy this bumper lol. Cause it looked so dang good on your rig lol. I know you get this alot, but you're a bad influence lol.
I would just weld it up until it looked like a starling roosted over it the night before then grind it down smooth and spray it with rhinoliner, should look perfect then.

I cant do anything about being a bad influence, it's up to the individual to resist temptation LOL

Reactions: Tot
M

Massey1635

Guess what the UPS lady brought a day early? I love them. Heading to get them mounted. Next post will be in the "show your aftermarket rims" section lol.View attachment 12244

Picking up my Pioneer probably Wednesday. Need to order wheels like these. Dealer said I should get same width all around to make it look better. What'd you do, an more importantly, what size are these wheels? I'm probably gonna go with a set of them. Dealer recommended 14x8. Not really wanting taller but worried about width, mainly on the front. Wonder if 8" would be alright all around?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picking up my Pioneer probably Wednesday. Need to order wheels like these. Dealer said I should get same width all around to make it look better. What'd you do, an more importantly, what size are these wheels? I'm probably gonna go with a set of them. Dealer recommended 14x8. Not really wanting taller but worried about width, mainly on the front. Wonder if 8" would be alright all around?
Mine are same width all around but can't remember exactly how wide. 8" sounds right though. Got them off eBay for 331 bucks free shipping. They are 5+2 offset. In hindsight I wish I'd gone 6+1 in front cause mine will shower you with mud and water lol. Love the wheels though (even though all 4 are scratched to hell now. But that's what I bought this rig to do lol). Hope that helps.

M

Massey1635

Mine are same width all around but can't remember exactly how wide. 8" sounds right though. Got them off eBay for 331 bucks free shipping. They are 5+2 offset. In hindsight I wish I'd gone 6+1 in front cause mine will shower you with mud and water lol. Love the wheels though (even though all 4 are scratched to hell now. But that's what I bought this rig to do lol). Hope that helps.

Perfect. Thanks for the information.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Got around to mounting the corded remote for winch. In case the wireless one ever craps out on me.
Stop right there - is that stock plastic that you drilled a hole in? LOL

Reactions: Eltobgi
advertisement