Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You don't have to worry about speed in Connecticut, it's nothing but a big traffic jam.
It was culture shock for me. Instead of bass boats in every carport it was snowmobiles lol.

Reactions: sharp
Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone interested in an install guide? I don't mind doing one, but not if nobody cares lol. Shouldn't take but just a few minutes.
I was wondering if you did the install guide on this? Thanks!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was wondering if you did the install guide on this? Thanks!
Considering I have no idea what this is about...I'm gonna go with no lol. I'll go back to see what I'm talking about. More than willing to help anyone any way I can.

Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Considering I have no idea what this is about...I'm gonna go with no lol. I'll go back to see what I'm talking about. More than willing to help anyone any way I can.
Sorry...it was the snorkel....

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Referring to the snorkel install around here P1000 - Delton's painfully slow build

Tip. If you click on the arrow in the quote it will take you back to the original post.

Reactions: JTW
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry...it was the snorkel....
I just now found that post after 7 pages of reading lol. I never did an install guide. Holler when you're ready to install and I can give you my cell number. I can text you directions. It's easy as hell

Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just now found that post after 7 pages of reading lol. I never did an install guide. Holler when you're ready to install and I can give you my cell number. I can text you directions. It's easy as hell
I've got it ordered. Snail mail to Alaska. I did the vents and seat installation yesterday. I was curious if I had to take my seat off to do the install. I had a friend over to help and seeing that he is a crew chief on the F-22 Raptor, he's a little detailed oriented so to say. So he wouldn't leave until it was all back together and every piece of scrap material was accounted for. Lol. So I was curious if I needed to disassemble anything again.

Reactions: moparornocar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got it ordered. Snail mail to Alaska. I did the vents and seat installation yesterday. I was curious if I had to take my seat off to do the install. I had a friend over to help and seeing that he is a crew chief on the F-22 Raptor, he's a little detailed oriented so to say. So he wouldn't leave until it was all back together and every piece of scrap material was accounted for. Lol. So I was curious if I needed to disassemble anything again.
I removed the stock plumbing under the seat bottom just to get it out of the way. If you do the same, be sure and block off the piece thats left. Dirt and stuff will collect there and you may want to go back to stock for whatever reason. Seat bottom is removed or this obviously. Then I loosened the seat back for extra clearance. I also removed both coils for clearance. It's a tight fit running the hose behind the coil brackets. Snake it through there a little at a time. Thats pretty much it. Coupling clamps to air box, new hose clamps to coupling, run hose up to passenger headrest. Cable ties hold hose where you want it. Done. Real straight forward. The instructions aren't bad. They don't mention removing stock tube or the coils but trust me, it'll make life easier for you. Let me know if you need any more details.

Reactions: joeymt33
Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T
I removed the stock plumbing under the seat bottom just to get it out of the way. If you do the same, be sure and block off the piece thats left. Dirt and stuff will collect there and you may want to go back to stock for whatever reason. Seat bottom is removed or this obviously. Then I loosened the seat back for extra clearance. I also removed both coils for clearance. It's a tight fit running the hose behind the coil brackets. Snake it through there a little at a time. Thats pretty much it. Coupling clamps to air box, new hose clamps to coupling, run hose up to passenger headrest. Cable ties hold hose where you want it. Done. Real straight forward. The instructions aren't bad. They don't mention removing stock tube or the coils but trust me, it'll make life easier for you. Let me know if you need any more details.
thanks! Now I have something to do before it gets here! Appreciate the info!

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang had a scare little while ago. I was wheeling earlier today and noticed a little looseness in the steering. Didn't think much of it, just a ball joint or something going out. Wheel bearings and ball joints are normal wear n tear items if you ride rough trails.
Anyways, I was swapping tires over and found nut on drivers side tie rod end almost completely off! Cotter pin was barely holding it on. If that came off while I was on the road....totally bad news. And factory cotter pin is way too small. The head will almost fit through the hole by hand. I torqued nuts down on both sides and used correct cotter pin . Y'all might want to check y'all's too.

Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang had a scare little while ago. I was wheeling earlier today and noticed a little looseness in the steering. Didn't think much of it, just a ball joint or something going out. Wheel bearings and ball joints are normal wear n tear items if you ride rough trails.
Anyways, I was swapping tires over and found nut on drivers side tie rod end almost completely off! Cotter pin was barely holding it on. If that came off while I was on the road....totally bad news. And factory cotter pin is way too small. The head will almost fit through the hole by hand. I torqued nuts down on both sides and used correct cotter pin . Y'all might want to check y'all's too.
One more thing to check before I go out. I have noticed a few loose items on the machine. Also the dealer didn't put all the roof supports on. I'm not impressed with the place I bought from but it was the only choice.

Reactions: DGann
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tie rod ends, shock mounts, control arm bolts, etc are things that need to be checked periodically anyways. It was my fault for not keeping up with it. It just scared the crap out of me it was that close to coming off. I might've had an uncontrollable vehicle on my hands at 40+ mph with oncoming traffic. Not good.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had this happen to me too @Delton. I wasn't popping wheelies, but I had hit a big rock in the trail, so I was checking the front end. That's when I noticed it. Not sure if it was always loose, or if it came loosed due to my abuse. Anyway, gave me a little scare too.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I had this happen to me too @Delton. I wasn't popping wheelies, but I had hit a big rock in the trail, so I was checking the front end. That's when I noticed it. Not sure if it was always loose, or if it came loosed due to my abuse. Anyway, gave me a little scare too.
Thanks guys for bringing this up I'll be a checkin

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ditch those tiny cotter pins when you check them. I may even safety wire a few things since I put mine on the road. Gotta see if I can find my pliers. Haven't used them since my dragracing days lol.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That happened to me too at royal blue. It's scary, I'll be checking them periodically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement