Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Totally understandable. What's your take on 4"? Not enough? Too much? Also what's your opinion on a rear rops setup like on Tflynn's 700? Completely removable of course.

Oh no, don't let JTW read your comment above...

Anyway, I say that you should make it functional. Decide where you're going to carry tools and recovery gear, fuel, cooler, spare tire and go from there. If you design it to hold everything safely keep CG low, it will probably end up looking different than anything out there but it will look bad @$$ in my mind because functionality is what looks good to me.

I'm the guy that looks at an old beat up F250 with the dented and rusted work body on the back and think how awesome that is due to the functionality. My wife says that's the most hideous thing on the road.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh no, don't let JTW read your comment above...

Anyway, I say that you should make it functional. Decide where you're going to carry tools and recovery gear, fuel, cooler, spare tire and go from there. If you design it to hold everything safely keep CG low, it will probably end up looking different than anything out there but it will look bad @$$ in my mind because functionality is what looks good to me.

I'm the guy that looks at an old beat up F250 with the dented and rusted work body on the back and think how awesome that is due to the functionality. My wife says that's the most hideous thing on the road.
I'm same way. Youve seen what I normally drive lmao.

Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
haha... I like that s10 bumper, but I'm sure that's one of a kind. looking forward to seeing what you come up with using tube.
Help me locate a bumper. Or look into an aftermarket one.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Help me locate a bumper. Or look into an aftermarket one.
I will if I ever get serious about it... I'm really near the max of where I should be for overall machine weight. I was thinking that a rear bumper might be in order to even out the weight of the front one lol but not sure that's the right thing to do.
and yes, I want to chop the top to lower the center of gravity <stirring the pot>. every little bit helps in this game. taking 100+lbs from the top of a 1700lb machine and lowering it by 4" when there's only 60" from top to center of axle is significant in my book.lol

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might want to wait though. Ya might see something you like more in tubular form lol.

Reactions: Tigermark
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Google "tube rear bumper UTV". Those are some ugly arse bumpers out there. I need ideas y'all. Post some pics of what you like. Having trouble coming up with a game plan.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Google "tube rear bumper UTV". Those are some ugly arse bumpers out there. I need ideas y'all. Post some pics of what you like. Having trouble coming up with a game plan.
U going to keep the hitch attachment like u have?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Google prerunner rear bumpers. More ideas on trucks.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Google prerunner rear bumpers. More ideas on trucks.
I'll check it out. There's a sweet Smittybuilt tube bumper with a receiver on it. It's almost identical to my first one only uses round. Also has a spot for a winch. Maybe even make the bottom tube an air tank. The ultimate utv bumper lol.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Thinking it needs to slide and lock up and down or hinge. Easy swap to use the dump without removing.

Reactions: sharp
advertisement