Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've been hearing this eery screeching noise at night. Tonight I found out what it is. Our male Arctic fox has been calling his girlfriend. This is best pic I could get of her. Gorgeous red fox. My boy is a stud lol.
View attachment 31316
I thought I liked animals. You're zoo would be too cool. Have you thought about charging admission for goodies?

Reactions: Delton and sharp
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
lowers the center of gravity... and it looks cool!
I'll go with the better look maybe, but Come on... how much weight up top do you think you would lose? Not very much.. And besides when @Delton rolls it he wants all the head room he can get so he don't bang his pumpkin off the roof like he did his face off the windshield. I can't see you guys wearing helmets, especially when it's 96 in the shade around here. You might better think it over some more before you go cutting..

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I'll go with the better look maybe, but Come on... how much weight up top do you think you would lose? Not very much.. And besides when @Delton rolls it he wants all the head room he can get so he don't bang his pumpkin off the roof like he did his face off the windshield. I can't see you guys wearing helmets, especially when it's 96 in the shade around here. You might better think it over some more before you go cutting..
I thought we were practicing our chop techniques on yours first, when we install your rock lights. ;) Dimitri needs to practice with those new tools he bought. :)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's not the weight you lose because that's none but with everything up there it does make a difference in tippyness. The windshield doesn't feel as heavy installed but it's glass so it was heavy. But then again I noticed a difference with a big light bar on the roof on my previous ones so I've done what I could to keep weight off. it allows you to get under through and around things better, also if done right it gets the sun out of your eyes and water doesn't pool up on top either. For me it just feels better inside less like a golf cart you're more connected to the machine for feel and its almost free to do and really no time. It will be stronger if it rolls because it's less span. Plus ya it looks damn cool! There are a couple reasons. Windshield and fabric windows are easy the only way I would say not to do it is if someone needs upper doors.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and Tigermark
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could you trace and cut the top half down 4 in and reinstall the weather strip?
You could but the top has more complicated shape. The bottom edge of top section only requires one straight bend. Either way you have to drill mounting holes. Just depends on your preference I guess.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well how do you get them out?
I open the door and let them out lol. If it'll keep monkeys in, it'll keep foxes out trust me. Capuchins are extremely intelligent. Wish we still had them but they require alot of time that we just didn't have.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You could but the top has more complicated shape. The bottom edge of top section only requires one straight bend. Either way you have to drill mounting holes. Just depends on your preference I guess.
I'm concerned that edge will be a bit difficult to rebend. If patient you may get it though :)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought I liked animals. You're zoo would be too cool. Have you thought about charging admission for goodies?
We don't have many critters left. We've been downsizing over the years. Fox, horses, micro pigs, couple Kinkajous that's about it. Not worth visiting.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Worst case scenario, I'll just leave that edge straight and let it overlap the bottom section. It should still seal well enough.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've never attempted lexan. Will it bend when heated as easily as plexiglass? Now you're scaring me lol

I'm pretty sure it's close. I've not done lexan when I cut lexan windshield for the 1000 originally I was having a little trouble getting a leftover piece bent nice on that width so I brought it to a plastics place I know and he did it easily. I'll admit I didn't spend much time though.
I'd definitely suggest finding temp and have everything on hand. With a good bench and the right heat you may have better luck.
Google it and see how others have tried we all may learn something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We don't have many critters left. We've been downsizing over the years. Fox, horses, micro pigs, couple Kinkajous that's about it. Not worth visiting.

I'd visit for the cute little kinkajous. Those look cool!

Reactions: sharp and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure it's close. I've not done lexan when I cut lexan windshield for the 1000 originally I was having a little trouble getting a leftover piece bent nice on that width so I brought it to a plastics place I know and he did it easily. I'll admit I didn't spend much time though.
I'd definitely suggest googling temp and have everything on hand. With a good bench and the right heat you may have better luck.

May just take it somewhere then. I was originally gonna make my own windshield similar to snuffnwhiskey's but I don't think I'll make a whole cage now. Probably just backhalf it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's not the weight you lose because that's none but with everything up there it does make a difference in tippyness. The windshield doesn't feel as heavy installed but it's glass so it was heavy. But then again I noticed a difference with a big light bar on the roof on my previous ones so I've done what I could to keep weight off. it allows you to get under through and around things better, also if done right it gets the sun out of your eyes and water doesn't pool up on top either. For me it just feels better inside less like a golf cart you're more connected to the machine for feel and its almost free to do and really no time. It will be stronger if it rolls because it's less span. Plus ya it looks damn cool! There are a couple reasons. Windshield and fabric windows are easy the only way I would say not to do it is if someone needs upper doors.
Huh? It's not the weight but it's everything up there? LOL

Samsung Galaxy 7 Active

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah that sounded funny huh lol. I meant you're not taking any weight off of it by just cutting some metal out but your lowering the weight that's there.
It wouldn't make as big a difference on yours as it does the five But I do think it makes a big difference

advertisement