P1000 Deluxe vs eps

H

HondaTech

Coming from a technician stand point, if I were to buy a P1K I'd get a non-deluxe if I had to have a 5 seater.

Here's why:
What's the first thing everybody wants on a SXS besides a top or windshield? Wheels and tires, so why pay the extra money for some wheels you may not like anyways. The only disadvantage to a base 5 is the 12 inch wheels. There are very few 27 inch tall tires for 12 inch rims. But most guys are gonna buy a different set of wheels anyways.

The next thing is a light bar, just about every P1K I've worked on has some type of auxiliary lighting. You can get LED bulbs or even buy the Deluxe LED headlights and install them. But a light bar would mitigate either of these.

The door panels aren't my cup of tea, there just gonna get screwed up by every tree and branch you rub against. When I bought my Rancher back in 2011 it looked I like hell after 2 rides though a cedar forest. Plastic ain't gonna stay shiny if you ride it for any reasonable amount of time.

Other than color choice (only red or green), which you can purchase just the fender and hood and make it any color you want, the non- deluxe is where it's at. Most dealers have them discounted because the don't sell great and with the price difference you could afford to change color and possibly get a set of wheels and tires for the price of a deluxe. Most dealers would swap colors at time of sale, but don't be scared of it. It's not that big a chore as it looks to swap the front end.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!