P1000 didn't think I needed skid plate....but....

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well I really didn't think I would need a skid plate.....but.....I ran a pretty good stick thru the passenger floor board on the farm that was laying in the pasture. Didn't hurt anything, just popped the fasteners. Took it out and reinstalled and good as new, this time. Now I do not plan on any rock riding or high centering but don't want that to happen again, so with that being said has anyone added skid plates to protect floorboards?

Reactions: BWAF
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I really didn't think I would need a skid plate.....but.....I ran a pretty good stick thru the passenger floor board on the farm that was laying in the pasture. Didn't hurt anything, just popped the fasteners. Took it out and reinstalled and good as new, this time. Now I do not plan on any rock riding or high centering but don't want that to happen again, so with that being said has anyone added skid plates to protect floorboards?
I have these..they are pretty good..
2-Piece Rock Slider & Floor Board Skid Plate Set, Honda Pioneer 1000

Reactions: mjn and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After getting hit in the nuts by Grapevine on a friend of mine's rhino as soon as I got my 1000 that's the first thing I did half inch Trail armor and I live on a farm but go trail riding when I have time

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: O2bsmitty
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think I've settled on the Ricochet rock slider set too. Might get 'em in red anodized..
I've got to do something and these don't look bad. The wife seen price and says holy cow. My response was whatcha think a new floor board will cost. Lol. She is more cost conscious than I am. But she keeps me from going belly up too.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got to do something and these don't look bad. The wife seen price and says holy cow. My response was whatcha think a new floor board will cost. Lol. She is more cost conscious than I am. But she keeps me from going belly up too.
I never told mine 16,000 I'm going to protect it

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I never told mine 16,000 I'm going to protect it

I went thru that don't tell phase when I was building our race truck. Mine has some keen senses. She catches the small details of money leaving. I think she can smell how much Is in the house and knows when the scent gets lessened. Lol.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I went thru that don't tell phase when I was building our race truck. Mine has some keen senses. She catches the small details of money leaving. I think she can smell how much Is in the house and knows when the scent gets lessened. Lol.
She has to be able to tell when I have stash money cause she leaves her purse at home. Lol

advertisement
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol ,I have farm account ,mine did ask when we did taxes and asked I thought it was 3,000 less I said well we added some stuff 18,600 we can write it off

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Lol ,I have farm account ,mine did ask when we did taxes and asked I thought it was 3,000 less I said well we added some stuff 18,600 we can write it off

I asked my insurance gal to add ours to our BOP policy and she wanted to know how I could claim it work related. I said well I take clients on rides and my company is on logo is on it so advertisement anytime I'm riding it. She thought and gave me a smile and said "nice. That will work". So write off. Check.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I asked my insurance gal to add ours to our BOP policy and she wanted to know how I could claim it work related. I said well I take clients on rides and my company is on logo is on it so advertisement anytime I'm riding it. She thought and gave me a smile and said "nice. That will work". So write off. Check.
That's a good tax lady mine is too, all farm since then skid plate ,lights, radio ,wheels and tires all supplies or repairs don't know where to put the 4 4 point harnesses I just ordered ?

P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I put 1/2" Trail Armor skids on after I kicked a rock up on a trail that cracked my floor board under my feet

I also did the 1/2” trail armor. I ripped up the stock center metal plate crossing a creek at night, stopped me dead in my tracks immediately ..... in the middle of the creek. I rocked the machine back and forth and drove out. The only damage I sustained (other than a mangled up center stock plate) was the rock barely chipped a tiny piece of the rear diff bumps that protect the drain plug .... the actual diff was fine. I GOT LUCKY on that mishap.

I don’t rock crawl or look for deep stuff, but when those plates contact something I just slide like butter right over it now. The price of the plates was hard to swallow, but I’m quite happy with the results.