P1000 Diy pvc bed extender

Hoganoga

Hoganoga

Feb 25, 2016
Az
Diy pvc bed extender for pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. I want to start by giving credit to Happy Honda from Honda SXS .com forum who originally made this extender I just copied his design. I'm including rough plans not to scale but thought it would make it easier for others to replicate. Measurements are approximate and taken while extender was together, so don't leave a bunch of comments on how it's not engineered correctly...but feel free to make as much fun as you want about my drawing I can take it. Hope this helps speed up the process for someone else wanting to make it. I painted it and once it's done drying I will post pics in comments as well as how I temporarily attach it. I'm into it for $43, that includes two cans of spray paint.

Image Image Image Image

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice. That looks simple enough. I would be interested in seeing how you secured it to hold a load. Otherwise I think I will add this to my list also.
Thanks.

PS, I cant seem to get that drawing to load into my replicator. lol.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Looks pretty slick, now if I could only get one welded up out of 1.25" aluminum tubing that looks like that it could hold my spare tire/wheel + 2 3 gal. rotopax. ;)

Reactions: Lady01 and sharp
rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does it feel pretty sturdy and secure? I love this idea....when the back seats are being used, their isn't much room back there!

Reactions: Lady01
Hoganoga

Hoganoga

Feb 25, 2016
Az
Finished paint job and installed it. Just used four big zip ties, tied to the "D rings" in the bed and the "D rings" next to each seat and added but didn't really need to add rubber twist ties thru the tailgate hardware.

Image Image Image

S

samtoby

May 26, 2016
Calgary
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finished paint job and installed it. Just used four big zip ties, tied to the "D rings" in the bed and the "D rings" next to each seat and added but didn't really need to add rubber twist ties thru the tailgate hardware.

View attachment 13809 View attachment 13810 View attachment 13811

Good idea... i went another route. I added a second receiver up under neath the dump bed so that i could use my cargo basket. With the second higher location for the receiver, the cargo basket is up out of the mud.

FullSizeRenderq2 FullSizeRender

Braleyoutdoors

Braleyoutdoors

May 31, 2016
Fannin County Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used these plans to build on last weekend and it works great. I had to adjust the lengths a bit to square everything up, but it was really simple and cost about $28. I used these bumgys becaused i had them laying around. Will be getting the Gear Ties though.

R

richmx22

Jun 24, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm new to the site but was just looking at these cool bed extenders. I'm a plumber and will be copying this design. A suggestion is to use a cross instead of separate tee's on the center horizontal to maintain 2 supports all the way down. People who built these already could add tee's to strengthen. That way you won't break it so easily when the pvc starts to get brittle in couple years! Don't scold me it's just a suggestion as I work with pvc every day.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good idea... i went another route. I added a second receiver up under neath the dump bed so that i could use my cargo basket. With the second higher location for the receiver, the cargo basket is up out of the mud.

View attachment 15878 View attachment 15879
Does your bed still dump? Any more information you can give me? I like this idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Thank you Hoganoga for posting the approximate measurements. I have a 2019 1000-5 and had to adjust some of the dimensions. We love the bed extender. My boys ages 4 and 7 had a blast assisting me build it today. Next step is painting it black. Rough cost just under $40 including spray paint.

B3DA5075 D0C3 45CF AEE0 F10FBA0D0C93 7C9820AB 06C2 46C0 B8D8 ADF678C082E8

Brmcg324

Brmcg324

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2020
SW Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The corners look weak. I would consider some piece of metal rod in the corners. It looks very good, just a question of strength if some cargo leans against it or gets tied to it. Thinking about this for my 500.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!