P1000 Does Honda need to be more innovative?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I'm pretty biased because Honda was my first and second utv, but I think they have done a pretty good job. For the price point of the machines, I don't mind spending a little extra to make it exactly what I want. Some want a hard roof, some want soft, some don't want one at all. Same with windshields, and skid plates. I for one never needed a better skid plate on my 700, but I might upgrade on my 1000. The innovation is in the eye of the owner. The biggest innovation they made was the collapsible seating. I didn't want a rig that would take a 14 foot trailer while allowing me to take my kids comfortably. The in the bed seating, and utility workhorse was the selling point for me and also it said HONDA on the front.

dirtsquirter

dirtsquirter

Feb 17, 2019
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am happy to fulfill your request. I am perfectly willing to call you crazy from the comfort of hiding behind my laptop.
I did want to look at just who I am calling crazy an' low and behold, it is Dirtsquirter from N.D.

I sat here for a few (beers not minutes) trying to decide if I should dare ask yet fearful you will answer but ok, what is a dirtsquirter, and how the hell could it possibly squirt in minus 350 degrees.
Hahahahahah! You sir just made my night! Haven't had a good laugh all day! Ok, the dirt comes from the trail and the squirt comes from romping on the throttle as in a "rooster tail". As for the temperature, well let's just say the tail starts to look a lot like that beer you left in the freezer just a few minutes to long and then you opened it hoping to take a sip or two to save it from freezing up but to late...
Rooster tail

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!