P1000m5 Dual battery brand

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Had a problem with my pioneer while winching. Looking for an auxiliary battery. Is there a cheaper alternative battery besides the Odyssey 925 that you guys had good luck with? Adding all the parts together and it isn’t a cheap fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dgrinde
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put a D35 yellowtop Optima under the drivers seat. Picked it up for $125

Has a better reserve capacity than the odyssey

98mins at a 25amp draw vs 45mins for the Odyssey. I have my stereo circuit with a time delay that reminds me to crank the motor after a set time so I don’t drain it too far.

Last edited:
Reactions: dilligaff82
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have yellow top Optima. 51 series I think (don't quote me though). 165 bucks but worth every dime. I got a red top in one of my cars bought back in 2011. It's outlasted 3 cars so far.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had a problem with my pioneer while winching. Looking for an auxiliary battery. Is there a cheaper alternative battery besides the Odyssey 925 that you guys had good luck with? Adding all the parts together and it isn’t a cheap fix.

I bought a factory replacement for the pioneer, a yusza, I forget the size, for a second battery. I think it was $80. Onmamazon.msecond year with plow , works fine.

Reactions: Smitty335
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
How does the specs compare with the Odyssey?all It will power is the winch. Will it be good enough?couldn’t find reserve capacity on it.

J

JTW

How does the specs compare with the Odyssey?all It will power is the winch. Will it be good enough?couldn’t find reserve capacity on it.

I’m guessing it’s just a re-labeled odyssey

Sckottty

Sckottty

Dec 2, 2017
Abilene TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Interstate SLA 1156 (this is deep cycle SLA) great warranty and puts out more AH than Odyssey. It less than $80. I did have to set battery in on its side since battery is larger. This did not cause any issue, it fits perfect in P1K AUX battery box. I made sure it was well secured and added 1/4" rubber shims to keep battery form moving. Make sure to install a True battery isolator. Wish I had enough room to replace the cheap factory battery with another one of theses Interstate battery. After posting last week with may questioning SLA batteries, I talked to Interstate rep to make sure this will work for off road UTV and they assured me that this battery will not have any issue for extreme off road riding just as long as it is properly secured (not movement, don't just set in box) since it fully sealed and has gel, not liquid inside. Said these are a great bang for the buck since they are used in may industrial environments. That really goes for any battery.

Reactions: Bamaprof and JTW
J

JTW

Interstate SLA 1156 (this is deep cycle SLA) great warranty and puts out more AH than Odyssey. It less than $80. I did have to set battery in on its side since battery is larger. This did not cause any issue, it fits perfect in P1K AUX battery box. I made sure it was well secured and added 1/4" rubber shims to keep battery form moving. Make sure to install a True battery isolator. Wish I had enough room to replace the cheap factory battery with another one of theses Interstate battery. After posting last week with may questioning SLA batteries, I talked to Interstate rep to make sure this will work for off road UTV and they assured me that this battery will not have any issue for extreme off road riding just as long as it is properly secured (not movement, don't just set in box) since it fully sealed and has gel, not liquid inside. Said these are a great bang for the buck since they are used in may industrial environments. That really goes for any battery.
I always had good luck from interstate on deep cell batteries for Bowgishing.

Reactions: RRH
advertisement
Rubin

Rubin

Mar 22, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put a D35 yellowtop Optima under the drivers seat. Picked it up for $125

Has a better reserve capacity than the odyssey

98mins at a 25amp draw vs 45mins for the Odyssey. I have my stereo circuit with a time delay that reminds me to crank the motor after a set time so I don’t drain it too far.
Yes I did the same with my odyssey under the drivers seat and up to the 583F0F7D B260 4D6B BE25 A0C8CA77DF766D9F4E89 9FA1 4B7E A09B 18D1F172FDFFD4DA499B AE54 42B5 99B2 872E825A031B7A144E9D E29A 4705 AC16 F585908FF908

63850062 C2BA 479F 80CD 2CA69AF284E2

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!