Dual battery follow up

L

lphegner

Jan 5, 2018
WI US
As a new Pioneer 1000-5 owner I have been doing a lot of research on the dual battery setup. Having already added a winch and plow with optional electric/hydraulic turn and numerous lights and other electrical gadgets in my future I am 100% positive I will add a second battery.
After reading several older posts on the topic, I am looking for feedback on how the battery chosen is holding up for those of you who added an additional battery. I am torn between spending $165 on the Odyssey battery or going with a cheaper option like the one below. Let me know what you chose for your setup and how it's holding up. Thanks!

Look at this on eBay Mighty Max ML26-12 12V 26AH Replacement for Vision CP12240D 12 Volt 26 Ah | eBay

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigOL3 and Rayrule
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: BigOL3 and elkguide
L

lphegner

Jan 5, 2018
WI US
Thanks for the info and the link! I am using the mobile app and was not subscribed to the mods page. Lots more information on this topic there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Mighty Max doesn't even tell the CCA read the part in my topic on CCA needed for winch.
ML26-12 ML26-12 12V 26AH Replacement Battery for Powersonic PS-12260NB

The cheaper battery I showed is out of stock but you can buy it hear.
Universal 45976 12v 35AH Sealed Lead Acid AGM Battery Apex Battery

And for the $15 more $ you can get a extra year warranty and a way better battery than the Odyssey as I show in my topic.

Now the XS is CHEAPER than the Odyssey

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey Dude... I am in the process of setting up my 1000 3 pax. I ordered a VMax V30-800. I am installing a honda winch kit, horn kit, back up kit and an aftermarket radio and underseat cooling fan. I plan on wiring the winch, fan and radio to the new battery. I also got the dual battery separator system. To answer you question, I do not have any operational history, but I threw it out there as it is a deep cycle battery with great capacity choice.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!