Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So I noticed, as JTW said some are running aux ground to main ground. Did anyone ever call the designer and find out if this is what keeps the blue light on all the time? Hooked mine up and the light has stayed on for an hour. That in mind I took the battery out of the box and hooked it up without trickle charging it first.
Yes i talked to him
The light will stay on as long as the voltage is high enough (circuit closed). When the voltage on the auxiliary battery drops down the circuit opens and the light goes off. (circuit open)

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes i talked to him
The light will stay on as long as the voltage is high enough (circuit closed). When the voltage on the auxiliary battery drops down the circuit opens and the light goes off. (circuit open)

And it is all good to run the negative terminals together? As far as the designer is concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I actually ended up running a 4 gage dedicated ground back to where the stock battery grounds to the motor. This way my entire accessory battery is as isolated as it can be.

Reactions: elkguide
J

JTW

And it is all good to run the negative terminals together? As far as the designer is concerned?

Yup.. my dad ran his that way. Works fine... he doesn't have as much amperage pull as I do though. You can't have too much ground so, do what works for you!

Reactions: truc577
truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But I didn't design this isolator and it may be more sensitive than I understand

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you google search the True isolator, you will fimd a # in Washington state . I think thats where it was! If you call it the designer/ builder/seller will !nswer the phone. Hes a great guy to talk too. Make sure you have plenty of time to listen!!!!

Reactions: JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I grounded both batteries together. Then grounded the auxiliary battery to the frame. Like y'all say, can't have too much ground.

CP: This group looked for anything rough and had a great time. It wasn't all about who was the best or correct line just some good ol boys with a beer and a 4wd.

Reactions: Tramguage1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So instead of running the aux ground to frame can't you run it over the ground on the main battery?

I'd do both. Factory ground isn't the best and solid ground is always better

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm about to wire my isolator up. Is it ok to take the ground wire on the isolator and run it to main battery negative? The main battery negative should be grounded somewhere on motor or frame correct?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That sounds correct.

Rocket

Rocket

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!
i INSTALLED EXACTLY (GROUND WIRE FROM TRUE TIED WITH FACTORY GROUND)...

Reactions: Tramguage1
Muleyhunter

Muleyhunter

Lifetime Member
Apr 19, 2018
Lake Kiowa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay, I was just about to hit the buy button on the PC925 Odysey battery when my inner self told me I better check the dimensions. I've found a couple of different measurements for it but basically 6.75x7x5 which seems like a very very tight fit in my aux battery location. I have a 20017 1000-5 deluxe. Has anybody had any problem getting this battery to fit in that compartment?

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay, I was just about to hit the buy button on the PC925 Odysey battery when my inner self told me I better check the dimensions. I've found a couple of different measurements for it but basically 6.75x7x5 which seems like a very very tight fit in my aux battery location. I have a 20017 1000-5 deluxe. Has anybody had any problem getting this battery to fit in that compartment?
I believe the 925 is a common item to be installed in our machines.
We also use a mighty max knock off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!