P500 Dual Battery Set Up

S

Subs

Sep 23, 2017
Ohio
I’ve been on the site checking out wiring diagrams and they’ve helped a lot but it seems like everyone’s set up is just a little different. I want to set up dual batteries on my P5 that I use as a utility vehicle on my property. Can a you guys take a look at this and see what you think? I’m not an electrician so I want to make sure I’m being safe and efficient. A couple of things to note:

The axon winch is one of the new ones with all of the electronics internal so just two battery cables and the switch gear harness to connect. The ignite lights draw less than an amp each so I shouldn’t need a relays for those. I’m open to ideas about how to reduce the number of cables coming off my auxiliary battery. I was thinking some remote terminals closer to the fuse box and the winch. I would think I would have to move the breaker to between the fuse and the remote terminals so l’m not putting it between the winch and the battery. Does anyone else have three sets of cables coming from one battery? Is it a pain to manage?

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• P5 Dual Battery.pdf
    96.7 KB · Views: 362
S

Subs

Sep 23, 2017
Ohio
@trigger - I was hoping you'd find this. Your posts on this topic were the ones that started me down the path. I had the same thought as you. Am I thinking right to install busbars under the hood, feed the auxiliary battery power to those, run the winch off of the busbars and then a feed from them to the fuse block? Id assume I'd want a breaker between the busbar and the fuse block then?

Thanks!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I use a Blue Sea Maxi Bus 250 amp for all accessories except the winch. Winch is ran directly to second battery with a 300 amp circuit breaker wired in.

Reactions: J80
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I use a Blue Sea Maxi Bus 250 amp for all accessories except the winch. Winch is ran directly to second battery with a 300 amp circuit breaker wired in.
Ditto, the Blue ray I have has + & - connections, no fuse bars, every accesorie has it's own fuse. Easy to trouble shoot. I copied @my99svt . The guy can wire and it looks factory!

Reactions: Subs
S

Subs

Sep 23, 2017
Ohio
I was also specking the blue sea fuse box with the negative bus bar attached. I was running the power for that fuse block off the aux battery as well so I could run the lights off the deep cycle with having the the key on. Sounds like you guys are running pretty much what I have set up. Three sets of cables off the six battery shouldn’t be too bad. I will use a lower gauge for the fuse box and that should make it a little easier.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!