P1000 Dual battery

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a question and I am not sure yet if it can be done. I have not measured anything yet but I have some thoughts. My wife would like to be able to take the pioneer to the garden and while there she would like to listen to music from the pioneer. I am going to get some wake board speakers to project the sound. The pioneer may go up to 4 hours during this time not running while she listens to music. So my first thought was marine deep cell battery under the driver seat. If the pioneer cannot fully charge the marine battery during short trips then I would incorporate a tender for the battery overnight. Can this be done?

Reactions: TripleB
S

Skjerv40

May 14, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a question and I am not sure yet if it can be done. I have not measured anything yet but I have some thoughts. My wife would like to be able to take the pioneer to the garden and while there she would like to listen to music from the pioneer. I am going to get some wake board speakers to project the sound. The pioneer may go up to 4 hours during this time not running while she listens to music. So my first thought was marine deep cell battery under the driver seat. If the pioneer cannot fully charge the marine battery during short trips then I would incorporate a tender for the battery overnight. Can this be done?

Are you planning on just having an isolated battery just for the speakers? You definitely can set up this for your speakers, but depending on the watts ofthe speakers the four hour mark may be a bit difficult. Speakers take a lot of battery. I would say unless you’re going to set up the accessory battery with the isolator to run the speakers, winch, and anything else you add...you may just want to get some type of a rechargeable speaker. I bought an ion tailgater just to use around the yard and I absolutely love it. It runs off a 12 V battery that you would use in a scooter, or like a power wheel kids toy. It’s loud as heck and would run on the battery for 20 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Biteme
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The
Are you planning on just having an isolated battery just for the speakers? You definitely can set up this for your speakers, but depending on the watts ofthe speakers the four hour mark may be a bit difficult. Speakers take a lot of battery. I would say unless you’re going to set up the accessory battery with the isolator to run the speakers, winch, and anything else you add...you may just want to get some type of a rechargeable speaker. I bought an ion tailgater just to use around the yard and I absolutely love it. It runs off a 12 V battery that you would use in a scooter, or like a power wheel kids toy. It’s loud as heck and would run on the battery for 20 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hope was to use the setup as a dual battery setup that could power my accessories and be charged by the pioneer. We have an aomais go that is decent. It is definitely waterproof as I proved when I knocked it out of the boat :p the main hope was to basically have a big loud garden party. We would enjoy being able to park the pioneer and just listen to it throughout the yard.

Reactions: Biteme and Skjerv40
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You can go both ways.
Battery under hood or larger under the seat.
You would need to add a tender as a short drive won't charge it.
If you go with trueam isolator it will charge both batteries.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the trueam in the Hondasxs store?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The

The hope was to use the setup as a dual battery setup that could power my accessories and be charged by the pioneer. We have an aomais go that is decent. It is definitely waterproof as I proved when I knocked it out of the boat :p the main hope was to basically have a big loud garden party. We would enjoy being able to park the pioneer and just listen to it throughout the yard.
I played my radio 1 day 7 hours straight while we worked and never ran my 2nd battery down. Its the cheap mighty max battery. I have the 3 inch boss radio and 4 wake board speakers.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I played my radio 1 day 7 hours straight while we worked and never ran my 2nd battery down. Its the cheap mighty max battery. I have the 3 inch boss radio and 4 wake board speakers.
That's cool. What brand of speakers did you use?

SuperMidget

SuperMidget

Feb 24, 2019
AR
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Plenty of room under there, I have a battery tray mounted with a pair of carriage bolts coming up through the bottom and power/ground ran up under the hood. Wanted to keep the clutter down under the hood so wired the isolator up under there as well.

advertisement
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plenty of room under there, I have a battery tray mounted with a pair of carriage bolts coming up through the bottom and power/ground ran up under the hood. Wanted to keep the clutter down under the hood so wired the isolator up under there as well.

View attachment 219968
I have added it to my wish list. What size group were you able to fit in there?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Cool. Thank you! I have been looking at the Rockville 6.5 and a noam nsub. Do you like the boss?
I do but I have nothing else to compare it to. I've got 2 of them in 2 different machines. 1 was bad out of the box. Had to send it back. Got about 20 months on 1 and 8 months on the other.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you to everyone for all the information! I appreciate it!

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!