P500 Dust Coming Through

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Was out riding this last weekend with the Windshield, Roof, and back panel, first time in real dusty conditions since adding those to The Buggy. I couldn't believe the amount of dust that was coming up through the dash and coating the windshield, have to wipe it off every 5 mins it seemed like to be able to see. Any tips on how to stop this from happening?

Thanks
idcwby

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I don't have a solution yet but I did experience the same while riding this past weekend. I'm paranoid of wiping the windshield off with dirt/dust on it so I don't scratch it. I'm wondering if some rain-X or something similar would help?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know which windshield you have but try cracking it or taking it off. We have the 2 piece honda and we remove the top section in the summer. If not, I believe some were try to add some way to add air into the cab. Don't know the results but someone put a roof vent like they use on a horse trailers on their roof.
Upload 2017 7 25 14 50 34

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even with the windshield removed, it still puts a lot of dust in the cab. The rear panel helps to alleviate this alot but it's not a 100 percent cure. So make sure and leave it on.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Ridin In . Dirt...creates
dust...part of 4 wheelin...
IMO..
I'm so use to it...
I go home & sprinkle on
my food...
just joking...

Reactions: Mudwing and xinu
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I'm with Trigger . I keep my 3pc open 75% of the time and always on dusty or hot rides . It rarely
seems to be dusty and cold or raining/ snowing at the same time . I guess I only close it when it's cold .

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a half windshield and roof. I never get dust on my face. Or shirt.

Reactions: iowaguy and trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have a half windshield and roof. I never get dust on my face. Or shirt.
Come ride here...bro
New Mexico has Dust to share
....take all ya want...
hahaha

Reactions: Johnsee
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Come ride here...bro
New Mexico has Dust to share
....take all ya want...
hahaha
We have plenty... gets so thick we have to pull over and wait till it dies down. Everyone else always looks like they put a ton of make up on with all the dust caked on their face. I never do. I guess it's the windshield directing the wind over my head...

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
We have plenty... gets so thick we have to pull over and wait till it dies down. Everyone else always looks like they put a ton of make up on with all the dust caked on their face. I never do. I guess it's the windshield directing the wind over my head...
Awhile back..guys where b**** ing about
the dust..like they test drove it...at the mall
Parking lot...
it sucks..but it's part of riding..for me
..can deter a little...but dust wins...everytime

Reactions: iowaguy and idcwby
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
We hit a low of 41*f last night....yup, in Mid July.... I'll keep my windshield on, I quite enjoy being able to ride in a T-shirt on cool days which is why I bought the w/s in the 1st place. I did find that Rain-X makes a product specifically for plastic, I'm going to give it a try if I can locate it.

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I understand taking the windshield off, but as we go towards fall I was really looking forward to keeping those fridged morning rides a little warmer.
As I've been looking at the front it looks like the major holes are where the pedals and 2wd/4wd selector is. I think figuring out a way to seal those and it may cut out the dust.

idcwby

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
As I've been looking at the front it looks like the major holes are where the pedals and 2wd/4wd selector is. I think figuring out a way to seal those and it may cut out the dust.

idcwby
Good idea, maybe some type of foam? Like a camper tape.... a piece on either side of the shifter, sort of a slot in the center.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
We hit a low of 41*f last night....yup, in Mid July.... I'll keep my windshield on, I quite enjoy being able to ride in a T-shirt on cool days which is why I bought the w/s in the 1st place. I did find that Rain-X makes a product specifically for plastic, I'm going to give it a try if I can locate it.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I've done it. The dust sticks to the rain-X. It's worse.

Reactions: rocmar and Mudwing
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Was out riding this last weekend with the Windshield, Roof, and back panel, first time in real dusty conditions since adding those to The Buggy. I couldn't believe the amount of dust that was coming up through the dash and coating the windshield, have to wipe it off every 5 mins it seemed like to be able to see. Any tips on how to stop this from happening?

Thanks
idcwby
Keep in mind when you exericence all that dust in the cab gets into everything. By this I mean if you are riding in a lot of dusty areas check your air filter OFTEN. I have to clean mine every couple of rides and you would not believe the amount of dirt that gets sucked into the air filter.

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Keep in mind when you exericence all that dust in the cab gets into everything. By this I mean if you are riding in a lot of dusty areas check your air filter OFTEN. I have to clean mine every couple of rides and you would not believe the amount of dirt that gets sucked into the air filter.
Thats the only reason I snorkled mine

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Thats the only reason I snorkled mine
does it really help cut down the dust? My concern is do you lose any power with air having to be drawn that extra distance. If you put an elbow at the top and face it forward then its going to suck more dust and if you face the elbows facing back then it seems it would be difficut to draw air. What are everyones thoughs on this?

Reactions: sgerksinwi
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
does it really help cut down the dust? My concern is do you lose any power with air having to be drawn that extra distance. If you put an elbow at the top and face it forward then its going to suck more dust and if you face the elbows facing back then it seems it would be difficut to draw air. What are everyones thoughs on this?
Mine faces back and has no trouble drawing air, tries to suck the sleeve off your shirt when you get too close.

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Mine faces back and has no trouble drawing air, tries to suck the sleeve off your shirt when you get too close.
My we see a pic of it?? Please
I don't want to steal this thread..

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!