O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Fastenmaster PAM HB 220 Glue Gun
I've had one of these for a few years now. They are awesome. You have to chisel that hot glue off. While generally not recommended for sub zero stuff, it's been great for all kinds of things. The hot glue this one uses was made to hold the nail strips down on concrete for carpeting. It's pretty tough and will burn the #$@% out of you if you're not careful.

One of the handier uses for the cheaper common hot glue guns is to use a couple spots of it to hold something in place so you can nail it. I use it a lot for wood projects. And to hold a nut in wrench for a tight spot.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Fastenmaster PAM HB 220 Glue Gun
I've had one of these for a few years now. They are awesome. You have to chisel that hot glue off. While generally not recommended for sub zero stuff, it's been great for all kinds of things. The hot glue this one uses was made to hold the nail strips down on concrete for carpeting. It's pretty tough and will burn the #$@% out of you if you're not careful.

One of the handier uses for the cheaper common hot glue guns is to use a couple spots of it to hold something in place so you can nail it. I use it a lot for wood projects. And to hold a nut in wrench for a tight spot.

High temp....410 degrees
it's not for everything. ..
..but I swear by it...

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
No spray foam or hot glue guns should be allowed! :D
No spare tires...either
all my years riding.....
& I've rode alot of stuff...
never walked out...cause of
...damaged tire...got plugs
...got compressor. .
but I can see..you trying to
..compensate. .all them heavy
..speakers...haha....
COG.....nothing but a thing...
huh....haha

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
No spare tires...either
all my years riding.....
& I've rode alot of stuff...
never walked out...cause of
...damaged tire...got plugs
...got compressor. .
but I can see..you trying to
..compensate. .all them heavy
..speakers...haha....
COG.....nothing but a thing...
huh....haha

It's more for a look than practicality anyway but if I ever did need it then it'll be the best mod I ever did. One wheel and tire doesn't really weigh that much and all the weight is on the rack. I've added weight down low too so I'm curious if it'll make much difference.
Even though spray foam or hot glue might hold, I decided to bolt it on just in case I ever have to take it off...lol!

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Had another idea, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on it yet. What about the Flex-Seal stuff? They have spray and tape now or is this in the hot glue category?

idcwby

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Had another idea, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on it yet. What about the Flex-Seal stuff? They have spray and tape now or is this in the hot glue category?

idcwby
Really ? If you dont want dust you could wrap the entire Pioneer in flex seal tape , then cut openings for doors , then one for a sunroof , then windshield and back glass and weather strip all the openings . Done deal . Oh wait ! It may be easier to buy a jeep ......just saying :confused:

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Really ? If you dont want dust you could wrap the entire Pioneer in flex seal tape , then cut openings for doors , then one for a sunroof , then windshield and back glass and weather strip all the openings . Done deal . Oh wait ! It may be easier to buy a jeep ......just saying :confused:

I'm not concerned with getting dusty, I'm trying to keep the dust from coming through holes by the pedals and 4wd shifter. With the full windshield on, the dust comes through and coats the inside of the windshield so bad you can't see out of it.

idcwby

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I'm not concerned with getting dusty, I'm trying to keep the dust from coming through holes by the pedals and 4wd shifter. With the full windshield on, the dust comes through and coats the inside of the windshield so bad you can't see out of it.

idcwby
Seriously I don't have that problem with my windshield full up and back glass (plastic) and roof . BUT I have a friend with a rzr and was having the same dust issue but instead of trying to block it he made vents that create air pressure in the cab area as long as he's above 10mph it lessened the dust issue by 75% .

Reactions: idcwby
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

idcwby

Yeah, that's hot glue category to me. Gotta be real careful with the stuff that's forever. IMO silicone caulk is the way to go, you can fill, shape, cut and always get it off if you really wanted to. Rule of thumb, if you can step over it I can caulk it.

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, that's hot glue category to me. Gotta be real careful with the stuff that's forever. IMO silicone caulk is the way to go, you can fill, shape, cut and always get it off if you really wanted to. Rule of thumb, if you can step over it I can caulk it.

I hate to say this, but duct tape might be worth trying, as a starting point. I have been thinking silicone/caulk could work. Some of those holes are on the bigger side, so I wasn't sure how well it would do.

idcwby

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I ended up trying some gorilla tape. It did good, still got a couple small holes, but it was a lot better than before.
idcwby

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!