P1000 Dynojet Extreme Air Filter

vegasangler

vegasangler

Nov 23, 2021
N. Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couldn't find anything much on this. Anyone have opinions or experience with the DynoJet Air Filter for the 1000? Any other options for improved filtration performance other than this and the K&N? Not a fan of oiled filters so K&N is out for me. Thanks

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couldn't find anything much on this. Anyone have opinions or experience with the DynoJet Air Filter for the 1000? Any other options for improved filtration performance other than this and the K&N? Not a fan of oiled filters so K&N is out for me. Thanks
The stock one works great. Only needs changed every 2500 miles. I've heard that some aftermarket ones like k&n don't fit as well and have a hard time closing the cover.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The stock one works great. Only needs changed every 2500 miles. I've heard that some aftermarket ones like k&n don't fit as well and have a hard time closing the cover.

Stock one last forever if u snorkel it with a washable pre filter. $50 a pop adds up quick every 2,500 miles

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stock one last forever if u snorkel it with a washable pre filter. $50 a pop adds up quick every 2,500 miles
Compared to the little $$ amount of maintenance these cost, it's worth it. Compare it to my neighbors RZR. Bearings, carrier bearing, Belts, air filter etc. Lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Compared to the little $$ amount of maintenance these cost, it's worth it. Compare it to my neighbors RZR. Bearings, carrier bearing, Belts, air filter etc. Lol

What is, changing the stock one or cleaning a snorkeled pre?

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Paying the $50 a filter. I am snorkeled and have a pre filter. It does last a little longer like you said.

Yeah! Every machine should be snorkeled. Seen some bad damage to engines earlier on this forum before us no pun intended lol Pioneers figured some things out. thats why u dont many post about it anymore.

But anything is cheeper even working on a Volkswagen than a trouble ridden fire making Poo Poo!
🔥 🔥🔥🥳

Reactions: Lady01 and Gabbas
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Dynojet is selling the R2C exteme series filter for Hondas. These are good filters. I've sold many for the Pioneers since they came out in July. I have a few in stock (edit) with free shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I learned of the R2C filter, I was interested. I was still waiting for my sxs to be delivered, so I held off. Good thing:

Filter Problems

Not working point, I dodged that bullet. To my knowledge R2C has still not stepped up to pay for the damage their defective filter looks to have caused. Thanks but no thanks. I would not do business with that company until everyone here, who got their motor trashed, is compensated in full.

I'll keep the stock filter . . . I added a K&N pre-filter which should extend the life of the stock filter even more. (Shown before oil applied.)

20211009 212022

vegasangler

vegasangler

Nov 23, 2021
N. Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks @bumperm. Glad I asked. Think I’ll stick with the oem for a while. Need to look at prefilter options. Not a fan of oiled filters but the K&N pre you have there looks good. Hope folks were being taken care of on the filter failures and any subsequent damage.

Reactions: Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks @bumperm. Glad I asked. Think I’ll stick with the oem for a while. Need to look at prefilter options. Not a fan of oiled filters but the K&N pre you have there looks good. Hope folks were being taken care of on the filter failures and any subsequent damage.
Oops, I mispoke. The filter I got (shown in previous pic) is a Uni, not K&N. Link:

Uni filter

This requires a 3" sleeve coupling, one end of the one I bought had to be cut off to fit. Many empty metal cans would work just as well for the coupling sleeve (WD-40 and many spray paint cans are the right size).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!