P1000 Electrical ? - Help Needed

CMH

CMH

May 17, 2017
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think I have read anything about what I am trying to do on here, so I decided to start a new thread. I just about have my dual battery setup in. I am getting ready to wire the switches for all of my accessories, and I would like to run them all off the second battery. However, I would like some of the LED lights within the switches and my voltmeter to be energized only when the key is on (Obviously tied to primary battery). I am thinking there should be some sort of relay I can install to accomplish this - once energized by the key on wire from the primary wiring system, it allows current to flow to the accessories from the second battery. This seems simple enough, but I m having trouble finding something that says it will do this. Since this is such a simple undertaking, I am sure it is out there, and I just don't know the proper thing to be looking for. Any advice?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes.
The "key on" wire needs to be used to control a relay for whatever you wish.
It's the 15amp acc fuse wire. It's a white wire with a black stripe. Tap that. There are 2 in the same fuse. Either will work.

Then
Voltmeter to primary battery. And a second volrmeter to the second battery.
But run the accessories off the second battery as to not disturb the first.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

CMH

CMH

May 17, 2017
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs - any advice on what kind of a relay to use?

J

JTW

I used a solenoid between the second battery accessory fuse panel and tied it to a master switch on my switch plate. This way the key doesn't have to be on to run various items. All of the switch lights except for the master switch runnoff the second battery power along with the volt meter for the second battery. The stock volt meter and master switch light run off the stock accessory power wire. I just jumped off the cigarette outlet wire with a posi-tap as it was easier to get to. That gives me my keyed power.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!