P700 Electrical problem

J

Jonesd4

Jan 31, 2021
Forney,tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a major problem!! My live positive battery cable touched the frame and sparks flew and now it gets no power at all. I have checked all fuses and the main 40amp fuse and all are not blown. Does anyone have any suggestions on what’s next?? Please help.

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a major problem!! My live positive battery cable touched the frame and sparks flew and now it gets no power at all. I have checked all fuses and the main 40amp fuse and all are not blown. Does anyone have any suggestions on what’s next?? Please help.
maybe you shorted out your battery and it needs replacing. Take it to the parts house and have it checked.

J

Jonesd4

Jan 31, 2021
Forney,tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’m kinda new at this but how do I follow the voltage and what tool do I need?

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

Curious, how did you check them? Visual inspection ? Plug in a different one ? Continuity Meter ? At times they can look OK.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Klein Tools 600V Auto-Ranging Digital Multimeter

You need one of these. I've had a trolling motor battery in my boat reverse its polarity before. I had never heard of that and I couldn't figure out what was going on. Took it to a parts store to get tested and that's what they told me. I guess the positive cable had touched something metal to make it do that.

Reactions: Backwoods
J

Jonesd4

Jan 31, 2021
Forney,tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
Curious, how did you check them? Visual inspection ? Plug in a different one ? Continuity Meter ? At times they can look OK.
I looked at all the fuses. I plugged the 40 amp in, I had an extra in the fuse box.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!