P1000 Electrical wiring question.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a rear view camera/monitor I had to replace. My old one just had this red/black wire. Red is to keyed power and black is to the - bus bar. The new monitor I have has red, green, and black wires. The fused red is obviously hot, and I would assume the black to be my - but the green has me stumped. If it was key on it would be orange.
No manual.

IMG 20200722 163005 IMG 20200722 163021

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Iv seen a green power on before but that doesnt mean thats it. Iv seen them in all different colors it could be a memory wire. But without 1 with instructions or having a 3 wire really hard to say dont want to hook up and fry. What model/maker is it ill see if i can find the instructions online

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I used @Alan_Vander suggestion and found the manual online. It specified that the green wire was a trigger wire. I'm assuming that's the "key on" or ACC wire. Odd that it's green.

Screenshot 20200722 222041

Reactions: Alan_Vander
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a rear view camera/monitor I had to replace. My old one just had this red/black wire. Red is to keyed power and black is to the - bus bar. The new monitor I have has red, green, and black wires. The fused red is obviously hot, and I would assume the black to be my - but the green has me stumped. If it was key on it would be orange.
No manual.

View attachment 214049 View attachment 214050
green is the reverse "trigger" reverse input to switch the monitor to the rear facing camera... wrap and tuck it away if you don't have a rear facing camera or do not want to use the input.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!