P500 EMP vs OEM Hard Top

Upstater

Upstater

Nov 13, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
Slayer

I have the EMP poly and it works great for my needs. Everything previously mentioned is correct. There is no space above/behind the roll cage with the EMP but I like it that way. I don't run any windscreen or rear panels so I can't tell you about the fit. I believe EMP states they design then to fit with their windshields as well as the OEM options. The install is easy, essentially a plasti-dipped hose clamp type material that has kept it snug with no squeaks or vibrations. At least none that I notice and bother me. I don't think you can go wrong with either as long as it fits your needs for other accessories and the height etc. The price won out for me.

whitebear

whitebear

Jul 13, 2019
Marana, AZ
Ownership

1. 500
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 500 this week. The only dealer option i am considering is the factory hard top. I think it will either be that or order an EMP poly hard top. Have searched the forum and cant really find much on the EMP. Those of you with a poly hard top, which do you prefer and why?

New 2019 , just installed EMP poly roof and Hard coat full windshield. was worried about being too hot in the AZ sun but it lets enough air by without being blasted with hot air, plus it is easy to remove if needed. Put on four Kenda Mastodon HT Radials 26x9-12 on four ITP Delta Steel Wheels, 12x7 5+2 rims. Ride is much smoother and looks wise, much better. Great Forum , my new hobby is lots of fun and costly. Back rack is last mod for a while. Eager to hit the trails.
Front side
New Tires

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Like the lower profile of that new roof.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!