Talon Enclosed Trailer

Mikehallad

Mikehallad

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2019
Highland, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X
Maybe I wasn't very clear. I know I can get the talon inside a 7 ft. trailer, my question is can I get myself out of the Talon while it's inside the trailer?

Yep. I have an X and a 7' x 14' haul mark. I also have an 8.5'x20' Wells and I love the 7'. Visibility while towing us just a lot better and less stressful. I have about a foot clearance inside and can slip in and out fine. Also no problems with the ramp cables. I run 6+1 front and 5+2 rear with 15x7 STI hd wheels and 15x30 terabyte Aramid. I load it carefully and snug the tires against one wall.

For a minute or two of extra loading time it's worth the rear visibility to me.

Reactions: TerryH
Mikehallad

Mikehallad

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2019
Highland, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X
Maybe I wasn't very clear. I know I can get the talon inside a 7 ft. trailer, my question is can I get myself out of the Talon while it's inside the trailer?

PS, I'm 180, 5'11". It's a little squeeze sliding in and out of the door but no gymnastics required.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I had a 7X14 v-nose. Did it work ? Yes. And I'm old and fat. Did I wish it was wider and longer ? Definitely wish it was wider. I would go no less than 8 if I buy again.

IMG 1612
IMG 1618
IMG 20190506 181123692
IMG 20190506 181531309

cummins14

cummins14

Jul 18, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
We have two machines and the 8.5x24 v nose with 1’ extra height and extended tongue is great with a tad of room to spare. I had this trailer built with an electrical panel with a 25’ lifeline cord, braced for a roof hvac unit, recessed led roof panel lights, recessed spare tire well in the floor and quiet a few other options. I really wanted an aluminum trailer, but for the price with the options I’ve added, there’s no way I’m paying that much. I’m going to modify the interior of the trailer to make it into a poor boys toy hauler as time goes by. South Georgia is the trailer production capital of the world I think which significantly reduces the acquisition costs of a trailer.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have two machines and the 8.5x24 v nose with 1’ extra height and extended tongue is great with a tad of room to spare. I had this trailer built with an electrical panel with a 25’ lifeline cord, braced for a roof hvac unit, recessed led roof panel lights, recessed spare tire well in the floor and quiet a few other options. I really wanted an aluminum trailer, but for the price with the options I’ve added, there’s no way I’m paying that much. I’m going to modify the interior of the trailer to make it into a poor boys toy hauler as time goes by. South Georgia is the trailer production capital of the world I think which significantly reduces the acquisition costs of a trailer.

That's a beautiful setup you have.

C

carlsonjmc

Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Truck isn't a problem. Chevy 2500 HD.
Go 8.5 wide V-nose, my pioneer would hit the ceiling(6.5’ tall with dove tail and 6.5’door) so I sold mine and have regret it. Now I’m stuck using my 7’ wide enclosed snowmobile trailer that is 7’ tall. It is a pain in the ass getting in and out of the Talon x and the Pioneer 1000-5. But I’m 280lbs and 6’6”. It is easier to take off the factory roof on the pioneer than get in and out of them in the 7th wide trailer. The 20’x8.5’x6.5 with a 6’ V-nose all aluminum car trailer (9999 GVW) pulls as good as my 22’x7’x7’with a 5’ V-nose all aluminum (6500 GVW). Thank god I sold it to someone who lets me still use it! Lol. The V nose makes a big difference, it is the equalizer, I wouldn’t buy a steel and/or flat nose enclosed trailer(pulled lots of them to races). My stock duramax gets the same mileage pulling those trailers (11mpg from SD to western PA several times with both.)

Reactions: Cobweb
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all the great information. I just ordered a US Cargo 8.5' x 16' v-nose, 7' high interior. 4-6 weeks and I can give up my old flatbed.

This thing is huge!!

Do you know how much more it would be to get the same trailer you ordered in 20'?

Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks for all the great information. I just ordered a US Cargo 8.5' x 16' v-nose, 7' high interior. 4-6 weeks and I can give up my old flatbed.

This thing is huge!!
You’ll never regret going with the bigger trailer! Load your Talon in your new trailer a few times then try loading it in a 7’ trailer! You’ll go hug the 8.5x16 when you get out of the 7’er!!

Myself I got a good deal on a 6 mo. old 8.5x20 v nose. Problem is it has a 75” cargo door height! It does have the no-see dove tail, that I’m hoping will let me get the Talon in and out through the door, but I’m waiting for my shocks to get back from Shock Therapy which they say will add 1”+, and I plan to go to 30” tires eventually, so door clearance is going to be an issue! I’m thinking I’ll be looking for ways to compress the suspension! Maybe even deflating tires!

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You’ll never regret going with the bigger trailer! Load your Talon in your new trailer a few times then try loading it in a 7’ trailer! You’ll go hug the 8.5x16 when you get out of the 7’er!!

Myself I got a good deal on a 6 mo. old 8.5x20 v nose. Problem is it has a 75” cargo door height! It does have the no-see dove tail, that I’m hoping will let me get the Talon in and out through the door, but I’m waiting for my shocks to get back from Shock Therapy which they say will add 1”+, and I plan to go to 30” tires eventually, so door clearance is going to be an issue! I’m thinking I’ll be looking for ways to compress the suspension! Maybe even deflating tires!

Height keeps coming up all over the forum; try undoing the roof clamps then just lift it off & lay on top the roll cage or move the whole roof to the side side of the trailer during transport. I don't remember exactly how much space you gain but it's between 4-6 inches. It takes like 2-minutes. See if that works and let us know please?

Reactions: Plumber32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Height keeps coming up all over the forum; try undoing the roof clamps then just lift it off & lay on top the roll cage or move the whole roof to the side side of the trailer during transport. I don't remember exactly how much space you gain but it's between 4-6 inches. It takes like 2-minutes. See if that works and let us know please?

Talon doesn’t have elevated clamps like the Pioneer, it bolts straight to the ROPS. May gain 1-2” at very most.

Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
That’s an idea, but I hope a couple straps around the trailing arms and up to the frame may make for a quick easy couple inches...fingers crossed!

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s an idea, but I hope a couple straps around the trailing arms and up to the frame may make for a quick easy couple inches...fingers crossed!

That usually works as well, I was hoping to save ya'll some energy, I didn't know the roof wasn't elevated as much as the Pioneer thought it's worth a shot to see.

TalonMatt

TalonMatt

Jan 9, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
My 8.5 x 20’ trailer has a so much room left over I can take my Monkey, jetski and the Talon.

Attachments

• 106ED9D8-8449-44DB-9CB4-C69CC57DD6CA.jpeg
    106ED9D8-8449-44DB-9CB4-C69CC57DD6CA.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 178
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Not sure if someone answered this, how much harder would it be to pull the VNose 20'Lx7'Tx8.5'W than a 16 ft. I would think it wouldn't matter much. towing behind a 1/2 ton truck?

J

JTW

Not sure if someone answered this, how much harder would it be to pull the VNose 20'Lx7'Tx8.5'W than a 16 ft. I would think it wouldn't matter much. towing behind a 1/2 ton truck?
If you’re talking the same size other than length the drag will be the same... longer trailers typically pull better.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!