CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
There's between 2 and 3 cups of oil hiding behind those two covers, rags ain't gonna get it. My ex left this baking pan, it's about 8" x 11" (standard fare for the wimminz) and it hooks under the DCT filter just right. Since many of my oil changes are in campsites, I carry Zep Citrus cleaner and several cans of brake cleaner - Zep to clean the two oil filter covers and brake cleaner to blast away the loosened dirt left by the Zep.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's between 2 and 3 cups of oil hiding behind those two covers, rags ain't gonna get it. My ex left this baking pan, it's about 8" x 11" (standard fare for the wimminz) and it hooks under the DCT filter just right. Since many of my oil changes are in campsites, I carry Zep Citrus cleaner and several cans of brake cleaner - Zep to clean the two oil filter covers and brake cleaner to blast away the loosened dirt left by the Zep.
View attachment 446392

View attachment 446393
Thanks for this info and tips I'll have to pass this on to Talon owners to help them.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blownzuki and CID
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
View attachment 446392

View attachment 446393

I bought an 8" square one for this reason as well. You can fit it square against the engine on a "X" model.

On "R" models you have to cut a notch for th brake line but it still works great.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!