P1000m3 Engine dies

H

Hillbilly369

May 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Checked out wiring on injectors found broke wire got them ordered thanks for all the help honda should r have a recall on this problem
Fixed wire on fuel injector still want start fuel pump not coming on any answers ?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Green is ground.

Pump

EagleEye

EagleEye

Sep 5, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Without knowing all the specifics. I would venture you own a 2016.
Upload a video of your dash to youtube showing the code being thrown. I would suggest at least a 1 minute video to allow us to help read the codes.
If you want to pull the parts cannon without a code, or uploading a video. I would have to suggest ordering 2 of these and replacing them both.
Honda Pioneer fuel injector wire repair kit. 1000, 700, 500 models.
A code 12 or 13 is getting more and more common on 2016 models. I don't know how many are sold in a month. But I'd bet at least 3-4 machines worth.
I started having the same issue 3 weeks ago, and it died on me 9 times in a week. I learned to read the Engine Lights code after it comes to a stop. 1 long and 2 short blinks. Then it repeats. I called my Service Manager at Western Honda in Scottsdale and provided the information, and he was sure it was wiring to the fuel injectors. Here is a video I happen to record as an example of what happens, and I consider it a safety issue!

Reactions: dilligaff82
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I started having the same issue 3 weeks ago, and it died on me 9 times in a week. I learned to read the Engine Lights code after it comes to a stop. 1 long and 2 short blinks. Then it repeats. I called my Service Manager at Western Honda in Scottsdale and provided the information, and he was sure it was wiring to the fuel injectors. Here is a video I happen to record as an example of what happens, and I consider it a safety issue!
What year is your machine?

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you fix it yourself? Did you have your dealer do it? Our forum store stocks the proper plugs to make the repair. Definitely worth the small out of pocket $$ to put 2 new ones on.

EagleEye

EagleEye

Sep 5, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you fix it yourself? Did you have your dealer do it? Our forum store stocks the proper plugs to make the repair. Definitely worth the small out of pocket $$ to put 2 new ones on.
I have an appointment with Western Honda Friday. They were doing the Safety update on the accelerator and repairing the wiring. However, my tow vehicle, 2004 Xterra, broke a timing belt and is in the shop. I may have to reschedule. I bought the extended warranty, so I'm going to have them fix it.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an appointment with Western Honda Friday. They were doing the Safety update on the accelerator and repairing the wiring. However, my tow vehicle, 2004 Xterra, broke a timing belt and is in the shop. I may have to reschedule. I bought the extended warranty, so I'm going to have them fix it.
Because you are going to the dealer for other recalls, I agree repairing under warranty is the smart way.
If you were making a special trip for the wiring repair. Depending on how far you need to trailer it from home, It may be cheaper and faster to pay out of pocket.

My dealer is absolutely horrible. Their service department is good with bikes, but anything else and you will wait 2-3 weeks at a minimum, if not more.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry, I should have that posted here somewhere. I'm a newbie to forums. It is a 2017, and I have 3500 miles on it.
You are the first 2017 I have heard of with this issue. To date it has been a 2016 problem only.

EagleEye

EagleEye

Sep 5, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Because you are going to the dealer for other recalls, I agree repairing under warranty is the smart way.
If you were making a special trip for the wiring repair. Depending on how far you need to trailer it from home, It may be cheaper and faster to pay out of pocket.

My dealer is absolutely horrible. Their service department is good with bikes, but anything else and you will wait 2-3 weeks at a minimum, if not more.
So far, these guys have been great. I had almost 2300 miles on it before I took it back the 1st time. I believe there were 4 recalls and 1 safety recall. My left front tire was out of alignment and wearing bad. They corrected that. They also, without my prompting, installed extra layers under the seat to help with the heat issue. I show up at 0730, and they finished by 3:45 with everything. Great service bunch.

OldTruckie

OldTruckie

Feb 13, 2017
Bullhead City, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had this problem with my '16 1K-5. Saw the other instances of it occurring on the forum. Had to go to dealer for accelerator recall anyway so I had them "diagnose" the problem. I sent along a copy of the forum pages and pics. I explained the code(one long and three short) to the service writer and he just kinda tried to blow me off. After my machine went in the shop the service writer called me back as asked and said MY diagnosis was right and the repair would be $160 and change. Fine with me. They repaired it, it runs like a brand new machine(if not better) and I am satisfied.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!