P1000 Broken engine mounts?

2-Lipps

Dec 23, 2020
PSL, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Y'all!
I've got an'18 P1K-5 Deluxe. Over the weekend the wife and I took a buddy n his girlfriend for a night ride to look at Christmas lights.
My buddy, who's a pretty talented auto mechanic, was sitting in the rear on the driver's side. He was swearing up and down that he could hear and feel the engine "banging", and says the engine mounts must be broken. I haven't noticed anything and went on this site and to "YouTube University" to see if anyone had anything on replacing the engine mounts. Can't find anything on the subject, which tells me it's probably not a common problem.
Anyone have issues like this? Any links on how to change the mounts?
Thanks.
ML

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey Y'all!
I've got an'18 P1K-5 Deluxe. Over the weekend the wife and I took a buddy n his girlfriend for a night ride to look at Christmas lights.
My buddy, who's a pretty talented auto mechanic, was sitting in the rear on the driver's side. He was swearing up and down that he could hear and feel the engine "banging", and says the engine mounts must be broken. I haven't noticed anything and went on this site and to "YouTube University" to see if anyone had anything on replacing the engine mounts. Can't find anything on the subject, which tells me it's probably not a common problem.
Anyone have issues like this? Any links on how to change the mounts?
Thanks.
ML
Sup 2-lipps......

Welcome to the club from a little south of you 👍

Did you see for sure it was a mount? Post some pic of your buggy and I'm sure we can help you out. But........POIDH!!!!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey Y'all!
I've got an'18 P1K-5 Deluxe.
Welcome from Commie run Michigan!

Congrats on your first ever post since joining in 20'
You must know the rules by now as in rule #4
Pics Or It Didn't Happen! But u have to do 2 now, one of the rig, and 1 of your motor mounts to see if they really are bad as in cracks or broken. Plus miles and such.
went on this site and to "LUBETube University" to see if anyone had anything on replacing the engine mounts.
Also fixed it for ya! ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!